Submitted by foxship1941 t3_ybgsaw in television

I loved the Deadendia books and was pumped for the series, but was still taken aback by how amazing it was. The voice actors are perfect, the storylines all interconnect in intricate ways, it has great representation, and it's just an emotional rollercoaster, much like the rides in the park.

I have a pretty good guess as to why it's not getting much traction, but I also haven't seen many other queer people talking about it very much. None of my friends had seen it before I told them about it, and that really surprised me.

I guess it just has to do with a lack of care from Netflix's marketing department combined with certain people's views on one of the main characters being a gay trans man and many of the others and being queer.

I'm just upset that more people haven't seen it. If you have, I'd love to hear your thoughts on Season 2 (unless they're transphobic, racist, sexist, homophobic, ableist, etc.).

P.S. Being an autistic bi Asian girl myself, Norma has made me feel so fucking seen.

Comments