Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

JimBrady86 t1_j205uj3 wrote

... Generation Kill was about the invasion of Iraq, not Afghanistan.

ramondjo t1_j2038hp wrote

This show is incredible and so few people I know have even heard of it. Try to bring it up in a group and see how quickly the conversation changes to Band of Brothers (which is obviously very good). Thanks for the reminder. Going to watch it again soon.

St1834 t1_j202zp0 wrote

Oh yah, I fuck with a David Simon closing montage. I like how he only uses diagetic music until we get to the end of season or end of show montage.

Omarg1994 t1_j204abs wrote

Oh man I just finished watching this for like the 8th time the other day. I was listening to a podcast and they had an interesting take on the soldiers leaving one by one as they’re watching the video. Essentially said it’s a morality hierarchy going in descending order. Lt Fick and Brad are among the first to leave and Trombley predictably is the last.

[deleted] OP t1_j204uhg wrote

[deleted]

Omarg1994 t1_j205a4w wrote

Oh wow didn’t even see that Rudy had a podcast. I’ll check this out. The podcast I listened to was KnockBack. Episode 185!

P-Froggy t1_j207hhi wrote

Granted I’m already fairly young (24) so maybe the more modern era in which the show takes place is what got me, but I found the characters far more compelling than in Band of Brothers.

fxckfxckgames t1_j20b41p wrote

>The invasion of Afghanistan

You watched the entire miniseries, and thought it took place in Afghanistan the whole time?

AutoModerator t1_j201f02 wrote

The 2022 Edition of the r/television Favorite Shows Survey is now open!

You may vote by clicking here.

If you have any questions or concerns, please comment here.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

drupoxy t1_j20e6jj wrote

One of the craziest comments I saw in this sub a while back was a dude saying watching the show inspired him to join the Marines.