Submitted by Terrible-Coach-7171 t3_11qbmf0 in tifu

Today is the first day of our new manager and she talked to all of us one by one to get an insight on the work around the office.

A little background , I am only working 5 months to the company so I don’t have much to talk about when it comes to work as I am still on my learning stage. I am new to the field so there’s so much to learn. Weeks after I joined the company, the old manager filed her resignation and we just had a new one now. Proximately 3 months no manager to report to. So within the time I was with the team (there’s only 4 of us), I’ve seen how my colleagues were lazy. They file sick leave in right after their annual leave, file sick leave before and after holiday. Book flight an hour after working hour so they leave early. Come late multiple times because of lame reasons. If one file sick leave , for sure the other one will file sick as well the next day. This is the culture I have to deal with for the last few months. The attendance is very poor. And And it annoyed me as a new employee because most of the load are dumped into me while I’m still navigating my way through the whole system. I can’t even take lunch break for weeks because the work load was twice as my colleagues were “sick”.

So back to the story, when I spoke to the new manager, I told her my concern and told her I don’t want to be sucked into this absenteeism culture. And she told me to focus on my learning and not on this things as HR should already be dealing with this and it must not be unnoticed by them. She said I need to look at myself and not on what other people are doing.

After the talk with everyone, she was laughing with the other girls and were all speaking with their language which I don’t understand, so even though I want to join the conversation I can’t. I felt like I was shoved to the corner and I was the bad guy for pointing out what I feel like needs to be improved.

TL;DR for opening my mouth on this as I came off as snitch/ gossip girl and brought a bad fist impression to the new manager. Now I need to work even harder to prove to her that I do my work and don’t focus on what other people are doing.

Comments