Submitted by thefuckouttaherelol4 t3_ydmbgg in tifu

So my kid's mom and I are separated, but we still get along, are friends, whatever.

I went over her house to take a nap.

Kid's mom says hey, hope all is well, and leaves to hang with her friends or whatever.

I wake up from my nap, figure I shouldn't over-extend my stay, and go back to my own apartment.

Fall asleep again.

Mid-way through sleeping at my own apartment, I hear at my door a little tap-tap-tap... tap-tap-tap...

I almost didn't answer because I thought maybe someone was checking to see if I was home and casing my apartment for a break-in, but I relent, open the door, and...

THERE IS MY TODDLER FUCKING CHILD LOOKING ABSOLUTELY MORTIFIED.

With tears running down their face and seemingly coming from their very soul, "You and mommy... forgot... about me!!! waaaaaahhhh!"

Thank goodness I lived in the same apartment complex as my ex, because it was like 9:30 PM in the middle of winter, so very much already dark outside.

After some frantic calls to my ex to figure out what happened, it turns out she wasn't aware that I was so sleepy when she had left. Apparently my ex had explained while I was in my half-awake state that our kid was home and I allegedly agreed to watch them or take them back with me if I left. I mean... I believe her, but of course remember none of this, even to this day.

I then had to hear for the next few years from my kid how sad they were that we "forgot about [them]". Uh no we just didn't communicate well, but glad it turned out all right and CPS didn't have to get involved.

tl;dr: Went over my ex's to sleep. Went back to my apartment. Turns out my toddler was at my ex's and thought we tried to abandon them for years after that.

Comments