Submitted by throwawayyy138362 t3_zvpvtl in tifu

This happened a few days ago.

Went to a paintball arena with a few office co-workers to celebrate our year.

There was an introduction period where they gave us the gist of what to be doing, but I guess I missed some parts including the "call your hits" part, because I was thinking about the below average performance of some of my subordinates, and wondered if it was a good idea to even take them here.

I stayed in the corner the entire game, hunkering down behind a wooden pallet. I was with another person from engineering. Suddenly, some rat came up to our rear and started blasting the poor engineering fella, shot him in the head. He did something I now know to be "calling your hit" and walked off. However I was able to dip behind cover, head slightly exposed, with the dude still advancing on me.

One thing to note is that I was wearing my Amazon paintball mask, and it only covered the front and side of my head, not the top. So this dude who flanked us shot me once in the head, and it misses all my protection, and I scream "ah, you bastard!", in total agony.

I was terrified to move and thought if I maybe just stayed in the same spot, he would eventually forget about me. He yells something like "call your hit" and I had no idea what that means. He shoots me again, and I just stay still as a rock.

He keeps shooting me, I counted 49 times, one after the other. At some point, game referee comes over, the dude and ref have words, and the ref has the dude shoot me one more time. The ref then yanks my arm and pulls me out of the arena, ridiculing me for not calling my shots. I am crying and writhing in pain at that point, covered in red and yellow. It was a humiliating experience.

He hands me a little bag of frozen peas and tells me to man up. I go straight to my car because I don't want my workers to see me like the red and yellow crying mess I am.

When I got home, my wife laughed at me and said her boyfriend wouldn't have let that happen to him.

I have scheduled a meeting for next week and am going to fire the entire department unless they can tell me which rat did it. May post an update later.

TL:DR repeatedly got shot in the head by an unknown coworker because I didn't know you had to call your shots.

Comments