Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

npdewey83 t1_iu74trk wrote

I do find it funny the song they say for the righteous Brothers was sung solely by Bobby Hatfield, not Medley

Greene_Mr t1_iu8flje wrote

Medley produced that song, not Phil Spector. So you can listen to it knowing it wasn't made by an abusive, murdering piece-of-shit, at least.

npdewey83 t1_iue5dd8 wrote

I never said anything about Phil Spector... why bring him up

Greene_Mr t1_iug8mf7 wrote

Because Spector wasn't involved, but Medley was.

mayonnaisejane t1_iu70amm wrote

🎵And I owe it all to yooooooooouuuuu!🎵

The_Beefster t1_iu7umfl wrote

Is it really a cover of Unchained Melody? Who sang the original?

crankery t1_iu7v0s3 wrote

All right, I was briefly impressed with Bill Murray when I read that as "Bill Murray". That'd have been pretty cool. But oh well. Nobody'd have believed him.

CoolIceCreamCone t1_iu8nozc wrote

I liked when he was on Cheers and Woody said "Mr. Medley, how come you changed your name from Righteous?"

GreenTrade9287 t1_iu9vct5 wrote

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but I think the best version of ‘Unchained Melody’ goes to Elvis from 1977. One last glimpse of greatness right before his death.

tapdown OP t1_iu9wtve wrote

To each their own! I've never been a massive fan of the song regardless of who covered it. That said, the first time I heard the Elvis version was when I watched the recent Baz Luhrmann biopic. He looked so sweaty and bloated I feared he'd expire right there on stage.

GreenTrade9287 t1_iua02er wrote

That’s the magic of it. Literally on death’s doorstep and he still managed to bring it.

DavoTB t1_iu824j7 wrote

Strange combination of things “learned today,” that Bill Medley was in the famous Righteous Brothers, and didn’t sing as part of the famous non-duet definitive version of “Unchained Melody,“ but did sing on the duet “(I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life.” He did the male voice on that…(sarc warning)

pjabrony t1_iu8iq1e wrote

Unchained Medley.