Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

IcyEdge6526 t1_ja5z6f9 wrote

Maybe try expanding your search radius… I stayed in Brattleboro a few years ago and it was a fun time.

Unique-Public-8594 t1_ja5wj2i wrote

Huh??? Say what? Wife is in the hospital so…

nutmegryder t1_ja5yvwq wrote

So we're trying to make the best of the situation. She's in a mental health hospital, which only allow's for limited visits, ruling out the possibility of a family visit.

Unique-Public-8594 t1_ja5z7qj wrote

I am so very sorry. Shame on me for questioning. I hope you and the kids have a wonderful time. Perfect. Wish I had a place for you to stay. My sincere apologies. (hugs)

nutmegryder t1_ja5zv3e wrote

Trust me, this isn't a fun place to be in, and I strongly believe in keeping my kids mentally and physically well by enjoying the outdoors together. Perhaps saying she is in the hospital is easily misunderstood, but I'm still trying to come to terms with how to loosely describe our families situation. Thank you for understanding.

Unique-Public-8594 t1_ja60b78 wrote

Good on you for being a devoted husband and dad. Your kids are fortunate. ❤️

The weather conditions will likely be amazing.

My heart is breaking a little for all of you.

PuddleCrank t1_ja5zv6g wrote

You don't need to be that close, 45 mins is about what i would if I had to. Mt Snow is Vail right? Could you look at other Vail mountains. You could stay somewhere between Burlington and Stowe and then brave the access road. Good luck.

nutmegryder t1_ja60ikf wrote

To be honest, we don't have an Epic or an Icon Pass, so that aspect doesn't matter much. My intentions were to get away without being too far from home (NW CT). Our local hill (Mohawk Mtn) doesn't have a park, so my kids are pulling for something fun to play in.

PuddleCrank t1_ja614qg wrote

Gotcha. Yeah, Snow has a pretty cool one, I think. I've heard really great stuff about Pico and Magic, too. I usually ski in the north, though.... good luck. I've biked over Mount Snow and remember it being pretty accessible from anywhere on Route 9 or 100.

[deleted] OP t1_ja62wwn wrote

[deleted]

nutmegryder t1_ja636zj wrote

Gorgeous, and perhaps a bit overkill for our needs, but most importantly, it’s not available tomorrow.

ratamadiddle t1_ja5xshl wrote

So…tell me what’s wrong currently with children and parenting in one paragraph.

Hope your wife gets better soon.

−1

nutmegryder t1_ja5z7jp wrote

>We're trying to make the best of the situation. She's in a mental health hospital, which only allow's for limited visits, ruling out the possibility of a family visit on his birthday. Thanks for being so quick to judge though.

accepteverything t1_ja5yn71 wrote

You're going skiing while your wife is in the hospital. Wow!

−1

nutmegryder t1_ja5yz9e wrote

>So we're trying to make the best of the situation. She's in a mental health hospital, which only allow's for limited visits, ruling out the possibility of a family visit.
>
>Edit: On his birthday