Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Steel_Representin t1_j8dv8hx wrote

Goddman do I hate these fucking things. Sky grafitti.

DirtyBirdNJ OP t1_j8dvz71 wrote

It was actually very scary bc it was either manmade or aliens. I didn't wanna be the aliens guy, for real.

zepfan t1_j8etmrw wrote

I do astrophotography, happy to show you how much sky pollution all these satellites create. I’m not anti-satellite by any means, just think there’s better ways to do it that’s going to create less long term space junk

DirtyBirdNJ OP t1_j8euz97 wrote

The first time I saw a single SpaceX satellite I thought it was cool. Now I feel more like you and others have posted about the space junk. It's like hearing a weed Wacker out in the silence of nature. Seeing a string of 50 of them in a row was SURREAL and kinda terrifying in a "is this the end?" kind of way

hippiepotluck t1_j8f1yq4 wrote

I saw them go by a week or so ago. I hate it and I can’t even put my finger on why.

DirtyBirdNJ OP t1_j8f2blj wrote

Dude we don't even allow land based billboards why the hell would Vermonters tolerate billboards in the sky?!?

On one hand the tech is cool but there's something about this whole experience that is not causing me to trust what's going on up there.

I love scifi, space, aerospace etc and it bums me out how cool / uncool this is. This is why we can't have nice things.

GreenPL8 t1_j8g6lbj wrote

Probably because we can't install f-ing broadband throughout the state so it's one of the only viable options for internet.

Unique-Public-8594 t1_j8dtwx9 wrote

Woah. Great photo!

DirtyBirdNJ OP t1_j8dv7wq wrote

Not my pic, I saw it and pulled over.

I tried to take a pic and got a black square of nothing.

I assumed I wouldn't have any evidence but THANK THE FSM someone posted this because it was terrifying to see something I couldn't explain. I didn't think anyone would believe me.

Nickolink t1_j8ei363 wrote

Yeah I saw them, photo bombed a pic I was taking

WeatherIsFun227 t1_j8fe41n wrote

I caught them one night taking the dog out for potty. This was years ago and mfrs wouldn't stop. Just a super long line

avoidingmyboss t1_j8gxmgj wrote

Yes! I saw them last night in Vermont and then again this evening in Massachusetts. I had no idea what they were at first, scared the shit out of me for sure.