Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

quinnbeast t1_ist5ifc wrote

Translation: these kids suffer while the hockey and basketball programs are feted like royalty while UVM hikes tuition seemingly every year. Just an absolute embarrassment.

drawlsy t1_istblwq wrote

The UVM endowment is only 731 million dollars. Obviously not enough for both.

quinnbeast t1_istc6oi wrote

Can’t support a baseball program that’s been around since 1888 with that pittance. A Humanities Department? What is this? A university? 😂

1aF1ame t1_isuysp3 wrote

While that is true, ultimately the athletic director has the final as to where the funding for each team goes. It’s clear he has his favorites. In fact, our track scholarships were wiped out in 2018 as some sort of money saving initiative.

1aF1ame t1_ist60p0 wrote

I mean, you’re not wrong (that’s a discussion for another day)😂👀 any bit helps 🤷‍♂️

hotpieismyking t1_isucu2w wrote

Could you imagine if a successful university charged ridiculous tuition rates and still had to ask for donations to cover travel expenses? ...oh wait

• In-state tuition: $19,002
  • Out-of-state tuition: $43,890

1aF1ame t1_isuzy42 wrote

Very valid points, but I’d like to clarify that every varsity team at UVM takes part in this fundraiser in the fall. Each team gets to decide what they do with it. We’d like to devote our portion towards travel costs and additional necessities that we aren’t currently receiving from the athletic department specifically.

SirAidandRinglocks t1_it1yg22 wrote

When I was OP's age it was cheaper to go out of state to Montana than in-state to the Groovy UV.

drew13m t1_isv4456 wrote

Too bad nobody in america is capable of putting the squeeze on.

Quiet_Satisfaction64 t1_isxeen0 wrote

Recently went to a graduation at UVM. They put us in the gym with no air conditioning for 2 hours. My brother is over $100K in debt for his education by himself. Where does all their money go??

Edit: just to clarify how bad it was. Imagine every person literally soaked in their own sweat. It was like entry a high school boys locker room except it had hundreds of people in it, side by side. We left once my brothers name was called.

1aF1ame t1_isxj2zf wrote

I honestly have no idea where the money that they generate goes to. Consider how their new basketball arena is still practically an empty hole next to Gutterson and there’s plenty of professors who are severely underpaid.

SirAidandRinglocks t1_it1yc9b wrote

Oh fuck right off.

UVM is the most expensive "public" school in the country.

If you can afford UVM tuition you don't need to come begging to us.

1aF1ame t1_it2gvwm wrote

Just trying to spread the word around to support a team that receives very little to begin with. No need to be rude.