Submitted by obcork t3_ynd1an in vermont

I’m currently in Stowe and I’m leaving tomorrow. I’ve been drinking Hill Farmstead Harlan for the most part but I’ve loved all the IPA’s I have tried (Foam, Upper Pass, etc.). I want to take home a few 4 packs or cases back to MA. What should it pick up? Preferably nothing I can get easily back at Mass and only IPA/DIPA’s

Thanks in advance and I love your state!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

kittybellyfulloflies t1_iv8aul8 wrote

Stop at the beer cellar in Waterbury. They'll give you lots of fun suggestions, very knowledgeable folks.

Oldmanbabydog t1_ivddcrr wrote

Yea the guys here are super knowledgeable. They recommend a beer from Wunderkammer that was just what I was looking for.

Twombls t1_iv89pvb wrote

If you want an ipa you cant get back in mass go through the alchemist and get some of their brewery specials.

The stowe public house also has a really decent selection of bottles. Lots of obscure stuff from around the state.

obcork OP t1_iv8a78u wrote

Went there earlier and it was mobbed. Might try to swing back tomorrow if it’s a little quieter. Thank you!

Lundgren_pup t1_iv89wsg wrote

Fiddlehead for a strong IPA. But actually these days the best ones seem to be available as far down as NYC-- I was shocked when a friend sent me a picture of Sip of Sunshine in a upper west side bodega.

thisisboonecountry t1_iv9bdli wrote

Vermonter here living in Buffalo… they have Sip of Sunshine in most grocery and beer stores… GREAT SUCCESS

Amity83 t1_iv8dfkj wrote

Ten Bends makes great beer and isn’t easy to find elsewhere.

obcork OP t1_iv8e0ia wrote

Thank you! Any suggestions of which ones to get?

VTpowpatrol t1_iv8gzmz wrote

Stop at edelweiss deli on mountain road and get one of everything out of the beer case. They definitely have heady topper there in case the alchemist is too mobbed.

Rare_Message_7204 t1_iv9ue0h wrote

Meh, the alchemist isn't what it used to be. Here is your list.

Any Ipa from Ten Bends brewery.... Zero gravity usually has good brewery only IPA's..... Bent Hill is putting out some awesome stuff...... Freak Folk bier in Waterbury is new, limited run stuff.....

Distribution has gotten far better over the years but good chance the stuff I listed will be harder to find outside VT.

ColemanGreene t1_iv8cuhz wrote

In Stowe, then stop by The Alchemist, and get Heady Topper from the brewery.

Buujabuu t1_iv8g7j3 wrote

Zero Gravity Brewing - Cone Head is my favorite from there

My other VT favorite is Fiddlehead

yourm0m1 t1_iv8j3lv wrote

Both great but also readily available in fresh 12 packs all over MA.

yourm0m1 t1_iv8jm5y wrote

Lost Nation even though they can be randomly found in MA.

PuddleCrank t1_iv8vbo3 wrote

Try to get some Von Trapp I haven't seen any in Mass and it's pretty good.

obcork OP t1_iv9zt0r wrote

I was at the brewery when it opened yesterday. They have some fantastic beers. I do love a good German style beer

protectorofjam t1_iv8xk14 wrote

Switchback make some very nice IPSs. Octane Cat and El Dorado Cat if you can find them. Zaboo is lighter but very flavorful

mmartino03 t1_iv9povc wrote

Go to the Craft Beer Cellar in Waterbury, look for IPAs from Foam, Four Quarters or River Roost.

obcork OP t1_ivdglga wrote

Went today and got some from all the ones you mentioned. What a store and the staff are incredible!

danielson144 t1_iva82hs wrote

I hate IPAs but I’d drink a Conehead anytime.