Submitted by theGreatBrainiac t3_zi9m1m in vermont

Title. Yes, their internet is very fast - WHEN IT WORKS! Which in the last few years, has not reliably been the case. Random, extended periods of no internet nor explanation. Today I couldn’t even use my landline to call them because they didn’t have internet either … the call wouldn’t go through. 2 summers ago, basically all of Windsor/Rutland county was without service for around a day … during the summer!! I’d understand during a snowstorm and such, but the regularity of service interruptions on clear sunny days is getting out of hand

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

bobcat1911 t1_izromyk wrote

I had Vtel for three years. It was probably the worst ISP I have ever dealt with. Every day, I had to reboot the router multiple times. My monthly bill usually was close to $200. When Starlink became available, I dropped them immediately. It is extremely reliable, and at $110 a month, it is much cheaper.

grmpygnome t1_izqqjmo wrote

Anyone know what caused the outage today?

Primary-Cap-3147 t1_iztc9hq wrote

I have Vtel fiber, and get tops around 850 download speed on WiFi. Previously owners 2 years ago only got around 20 download speed because they used a cheap router.

brainzilla420 t1_izqk8ak wrote

Ya, i was a vtel stan for years. A few months ago, our internet started cutting out three or four times a day. Annoying, but restarting the receiver always does the trick. Finally called them about it and their solution was for us to pay them 15-20 dollars more a month for new equipment. We're about to get CUD fiber optic running through here And this is how you want to compete with that. Lulz, gtfo.

Norse-Gael-Heathen t1_izqs8yv wrote

Gamma Ray Burst? Much of the northeast was out today.

TheBugHouse t1_izsm63f wrote

I've had Vtel internet for 7 or 8 years and I can count the outages I've experienced on one hand. Yesterday's outage lasted for about an hour for me.

killminusnine t1_izrl36j wrote

I went to the Shaws in Springfield yesterday to get some stuff for soup. There was a sign on the door that said Vtel was down and they couldn't process cards, so I had to go elsewhere, I was quite annoyed.

Although I also blame Shaws for relying on fucking Vtel as their only connection to the Internet.

btwnmtns t1_izqj0oa wrote

Bruh, that shit ain’t fast. It is some of the worst internet in the country. I was stuck with it for three years but eventually upgraded to Starlink and it’s a game changer.

−1