Submitted by CalHale t3_10jnbs0 in vermont

Hi all, I’m a student at UVM originally from Hartland and I’m working on a senior research thesis project about how people living in Vermont and New Hampshire think about Vermont and New Hampshire identities. I’m distributing a brief (5-10 minutes), anonymous survey as part of my research and am hoping to get as many responses as possible from adults over the age of 25 living in Vermont and New Hampshire. I hope you’ll consider taking a minute to fill it out. Thank you!

Link: https://forms.office.com/r/duHKPmGdd8

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Eagle_Arm t1_j5lltta wrote

Post on Front Porch Forum as well. You'll get a different demographic than reddit.

The sad thing about a lot of projects is lack of random sampling, so a few additional sources could help you out and try to get some different groups

CalHale OP t1_j5lptw2 wrote

I appreciate the feedback. Yes-- Reddit is just one piece of my outreach, and hopefully reaching some people whom some other methods like Facebook and FPF may not

buildandgrow t1_j5lnysy wrote

Really good advice. Randomization is tough for this kind of thing. The best you can probably do is to preset parameters that would be your ‘ideal’ sample and do your best to capture a sample faithful to that ideal. What you don’t want is to be presenting your final data and spending more time talking about how the confounds influenced your data than the question you were actually asking.

vittlesvt t1_j5lkduk wrote

If you want to hear people speak about what it means to be a “Vermonter”, I would recommend listening to The Full Vermonty Podcast. The first question the hosts ask every guest is, “Are you a Vermonter? What does being a Vermonter mean to you.” It’s a great listen too!

CalHale OP t1_j5lkqtt wrote

Thanks for the rec! I really like that podcast, and I agree it does have a lot of connections to this work.

AvianQuill t1_j5locl6 wrote

Hey - good luck. I grew up in Hartland a lifetime ago.

CalHale OP t1_j5lq3ix wrote

Thank you! Sure is a good place to grow up...

AvianQuill t1_j5lt6pu wrote

Absolutely. Best of luck to you. I completed the survey!

SeaBear427 t1_j5lyhy1 wrote

Would love to know your findings.

CalHale OP t1_j5man0a wrote

If all goes well, I'll try to post my completed thesis in May!

oneisgoodtwoisbetter t1_j5w44yu wrote

Upper Valley resident here and just took your survey. Good luck on your thesis!