Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Sir-Mocks-A-Lot t1_ixzluyi wrote

I saw this technology at CES back in like 2018. I think it was polaroid that had them at that time.

It's still pretty damn cool today.

sprint113 t1_iy1xag8 wrote

There are two, maybe three current "pocket" printer tech right now. Zink, which spun off from Polaroid and is licensed by several mainstream printer brands, and dye sublimation, and Fuji Instax. Based on the blue sheet briefly shown in the paper pack, which is used to send calibration info about the paper to the printer, this looks like a Zink printer.

Sir-Mocks-A-Lot t1_iy1y74u wrote

Now that you mention it, I think it was Fuji. The same year, Polaroid had a giant Polaroid camera (non-functional) for people to take pics on, which is probably why I thought of Polaroid.

SupermarketFar7086 t1_ixzdnvm wrote

What the hell... pocket size printer? I'm old

no_butseriously_guys t1_ixzdy53 wrote

I think it prints business cards. So instead of carrying a bunch of cards you'd just carry this.

KarlTo63885 t1_ixze9z5 wrote

The guy just printed a photo from his phone, but I guess if your out of business cards.

Redararis t1_ixzg7sm wrote

It is a printer for photos, it needs special cartridges, it is like polaroids.

mynameisalso t1_iy1f942 wrote

>I think it prints business cards. So instead of carrying a bunch of cards you'd just carry this.

This logic does not track. You would still have to carry around the paper, and the printer.