Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

VisualMod t1_ja706jv wrote

>Sundar Pichai is a subpar CEO who is overpaid and underperforming. Google's stock price has stagnated under his leadership, while the company has wasted billions of dollars on failed bets such as Google+ and the Nexus line of smartphones. It's time for a change at the top of Google, and I believe that new blood will bring new life to the company.

shoukawa t1_ja71dj6 wrote

Not defend the guy, but Pichai is the one who pushed Page and Brin to make Google Chrome, which turned out to be a massive success, and the stock has seen over 225% returns since he’s taken the reins.

That said, he is indeed massively overpaid and should’ve stepped down before firing 1000s of Googlers who were no doubt providing more value to the company than he was.

querry22 t1_ja7193c wrote

Envy every high level executive at google for having the most lack luster 10 years. We should all be jealous. I wish I could fail in almost every product launch and quit a project after a year and get a bonus.

wallstreetbets-ModTeam t1_ja71ied wrote

Thanks for your submission!

r/WallStreetBets is known for making absurd but sometimes profitable trades that no one ever considered possible.

To keep making that possible, we need your help in keeping the feed of threads interesting and exciting.

We try to move all the short and basic questions, analysis, or jokes to the daily thread so that the best quality content can stick around and be more visible.

This is definitely a bit subjective, and there are no hard and fast rules, but a few indicators that your post should have really been a comment in the daily thread include:

• Asking a question that is easily googleable or has likely been asked before. E.g. "What app should I use?", "What should I invest in?".

• Beating a meme to death, like the 10 millionth, "inverse cramer" joke again.

• Reposting jokes from the front page but slightly altered to be related to trading.

All that being said, we are here to help. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to post to our community. We have to balance this with making the subreddit interesting for our readers.

If you need some guidance, don't hesitate to reach out to modmail and we'll give you some pointers!