Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jr1tn t1_j66j8ah wrote

Its a "recession indicator " that so may people are skipping cheap breakfast at home, and opting to fork over even more cash to buy so many overpriced breakfast sandwiches that the store has run out of ingredients . . . ? OK . . .

DYTTIGAF t1_j66lwlu wrote

I never thought they actually used "real" eggs in the first place. Wow. My faith has been restored.

Wonderful news!

AdOk3638 t1_j66hto7 wrote

You can recessing deez nuts!

hansneedo t1_j66k0vn wrote

I know this is an incredibly stupid comment, but apparently I needed it... I LoL'd so hard 😂 whew thnx

eh_meh_nyeh t1_j66pnv7 wrote

I thought there was some sort of virus attacking chickens? Or is that also considered inflation?? I'm not the most intelligent mind you lol

Weird-Status-287 t1_j66txa8 wrote

no you're right.

MinnieMoney21 t1_j68uwge wrote

To which part?

Weird-Status-287 t1_j68ybpy wrote

The chicken virus

MinnieMoney21 t1_j68zosq wrote

What about it?

Weird-Status-287 t1_j68zzv0 wrote

It's killing chickens

MinnieMoney21 t1_j6904pq wrote

What chickens?

Weird-Status-287 t1_j6909il wrote

The ones laying eggs.

ckbikes1 t1_j66h4yg wrote

Grocery chains finally latched on to the same shit the Petro companies have been pulling for decades...

darkspd96 t1_j66ofoa wrote

op is a BIG dummy...it's almost as if there is an egg shortage given like 40% of all chickens have died or something...but yeah, let's call it a recession...dummy

InternationalTip4512 t1_j66qoip wrote

Wendy's has your back. Breakfast combo... $3.99 And a handy for just $5 more. Happy Times....Happy Ending

Bae_Sremmurd t1_j67cpg1 wrote

MCD reports earnings next week and I haven’t though about how the egg prices would affect them…. 🤔

Stachemaster86 t1_j67mctg wrote

Message could be scrambled or the whole panic could be over easy. There’s always a sunny side up to be found, even for those who’ve Benedict before. Apoach with caution.

Simple-Conference270 t1_j66mj47 wrote

This isn't a recession indicator, could be a supplier issue, unless it's a wafflehouse then it isnt a recession, but a DEPRESSION!

Educational_Zebra_66 t1_j66tfal wrote

When McDonald's doesn't have breakfast the four horsemen arrive.

edraven_222 t1_j66wf7a wrote

In these trying times where you have to get your eggs, time to charge your wife’s boyfriend. No more freebies.

screamoutwutang t1_j67egq1 wrote

Went to get breakfast from the deli for the first time in a while today. A turkey, egg, and cheese on a hero roll is normally $3. It’s $6.50 now. Absolutely absurd

Mintleaf007 t1_j6jlfgq wrote

maybe 3$ in eastern Europe. i have no idea where else you would get that and im in the midwest in low COL area...

Outis7379 t1_j68xzgw wrote

It’s because retail bought all the eggs.

Motobugs t1_j66iu2k wrote

Just convert to vegan.

−5

jetah t1_j66m3mx wrote

What pain does the egg go through when I crack it?