Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

vacityrocker t1_j6kqq8e wrote

This is a perfect research tool in the paradigm of what NOT to do.... which is in this case follow retail investors

elpresidentedeltoro OP t1_j6kx3qe wrote

Sure, dumb money vs smart money. And there are exceptions to the rule. Smart money can bank roll trades in a way the rest of us can’t, so I also don’t think we should over glorify them.

Even with all of their tools and analysts they don’t always turn a profit.

vacityrocker t1_j6kxqnh wrote

These types of tools, graphs, and info is literally intended to swing against. Pretty certain they just crawl up reddit colon to find the little pieces of undigested ape meat...

elpresidentedeltoro OP t1_j6kzibs wrote

Just had to go up the colon, didn’t you, just be sure to wash your hands before you eat.

elpresidentedeltoro OP t1_j6koiis wrote

**Retail Mood - 690 Retail investors surveyed weekly for last 48 weeks. Looks pretty too

elpresidentedeltoro OP t1_j6konfs wrote

Should this be posted as Chart or DD? Too many rules to keep it all straight.

anonymousperson767 t1_j6kqvdr wrote

If I overlay this against SPY...how much is it going to correlate? Weekly changes in sentiment tell me this is probably a rear-looking indicator and not a forward looking on.

elpresidentedeltoro OP t1_j6kvx93 wrote

>Retail Mood is a tool that helps traders understand investor sentiment by surveying retail investors. It provides a snapshot of the collective mood and attitude of these investors towards a particular market or security, allowing traders to gauge their sentiment.

Fair point - It's not exactly a leading indicator, but we also can't label it as solely lagging.

The most leading indicator is the market, right. And so, here is that indicator sliced in a way you probably haven't seen before. Orange line is volatility skew by expiration, blue line is price. Let me know if you need some TLDR and DD on volatility skew - Didn't want to overload you with info.

I have it for the VIX too. But in short, no pun intended. All my data is pointing sideways at the moment.

​

https://preview.redd.it/j38101tsmbfa1.png?width=1383&format=png&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=9ac914c5cb6f5b630db90ffe2f2abcb3bc2d0d8f