Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

VonnegutAsterisk t1_j8xftu4 wrote

OP just wanted to let you know this post made me hungry for jollof and now I am waiting here for my order, so job well done.

202markb t1_j8x3725 wrote

Wife is West African and stopped by yesterday. Happy to see it open. We can’t wait to give it a try.

202markb t1_j93iv5r wrote

Ok. So, the Whole chicken with fries(!) was a win with our kids. My wife who is West African also liked the chicken enough to want to know the spice. My chicken & Jollof was very good. Would order again in a heartbeat. I was particularly pleasantly surprised by the plantains. Most places don’t do them right and they come out greasy. These were perfect. I had to stop my kid from eating them. My wife ordered the Jollof and snapper. I was amazed they were able to fit a whole fish in that takeout box. They did by bending the tail over and it looked great. Here I will be a bit critical- perhaps a bit too critical. We get better fish at our home on the eastern shore. IMO it’s hard to get really great fish here in DC. It was good- good enough that she had seconds the next day- but not what we are used to. We will definitely order from here again. The chicken and rice and pepper sauce were all big wins.

Sensitive_Bet2766 t1_j8xna0l wrote

The people that ran Charcoal Town were so nice and I hope they are doing well. That being said, glad there is another restaurant in the space. Thanks, OP….I’ll have to check it out.

BuckontheHill t1_j8xbv9s wrote

Spicy Water is so good! They just moved into the neighborhood, and we have been multiple times. Everything we've tried has been good, but the real surprise is the fries. I'm not sure what spices they put on them, but they are tasty. Also, very friendly service.

AwesomeAndy t1_j8x8fp3 wrote

They definitely had jollof at the cart. I've had it, and it's good.

eudaimonia_dc t1_j92dte9 wrote

Just got some takeout from there after seeing this thread. The Jollof rice with shrimp is super tasty. I'm definitely going back to try more things off the menu. Thanks!