Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Accomplished_Berry96 t1_iu5zlvz wrote

Renting from an owner (e.g. from Craigslist) is probably your best bet. I do know that my apartment complex recently got rid of their breed restrictions, but I’m not sure if others might be doing the same.

vautwaco t1_iu601an wrote

100% agree. And even if you can get around breed restrictions, the monthly fee for 2 dogs is going to push you over $1700/mth.

CanaKitty t1_iu5zs9x wrote

May the odds be in your favor…

Common_Sherbet12 t1_iu758n0 wrote

I found most places didnt even ask about my pitties breed

rachs1988 t1_iu6lb82 wrote

This comment is NOT to encourage bending the rules about service animals or emotional support animals, because I hate to see this designation abused. However, if you suffer from a mental disorder or other qualifying condition, your dog may be eligible to be an emotional support animal. Renters can’t turn you away or charge pet fees if that’s the case. But I urge anyone reading this to please not abuse this system. My pup was the only thing getting me out of bed and giving me purpose during a post-divorce depression during Covid and she qualifies as an ESA.

−1

okok_okay t1_iu6j7cs wrote

I would recommend saying your dog is a terrier mix or something. We call our pitty mix a “cattle dog” but both our dogs fall over most apartments “weight limits” anyways - it’s all bullshit honestly - good luck!!

−2