Submitted by danelle-s t3_xxijj4 in washingtondc

We are visiting DC from Minneapolis Minnesota and were lost trying to find a grocery store in the Dupont area. Thank you to the lady originally from Michigan that helped three confused people locate the grocery store!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

strengthanddefiance t1_ircdy0h wrote

Aw that's great! I went to the U of M for undergrad and fell in love with Minneapolis and so have a special place in my heart for Midwesterners wherever I am. Hope y'all had a good trip to the city!

[deleted] t1_irclbv3 wrote

[deleted]

danelle-s OP t1_iro753x wrote

Where we stayed there was a little co-op named Walter's or something like that. Reminded us a lot of a Kowalski's.

Vivid-Mortgage9855 t1_ircsslh wrote

I visited Minneapolis years ago and stayed at the Hilton. There was an Irish pub called The Local that had the best curry.

Yaratam t1_irfebi2 wrote

So are there any real grocery stores in the Dupont area?

danelle-s OP t1_irfu8kj wrote

Yes, there is a Safeway and another smaller grocery store that is a co-op.

Malnurtured_Snay t1_irh352b wrote

When my great-great-grandparents came to the U.S., they settled in or near Red Wing. I was in Minneapolis about ten years ago for work, and there was a bar called "The Newspaper" (I think?) that had a bar shaped like a boat. Bartenders had to climb the rigging to get to bottles, and if you were seated near the bow, you had to drink about half your beer before you could put it down without spilling it. What a great place!

adequatefiber t1_iscne7n wrote

I moved here from Minneapolis and still miss it- have a lovely visit y'all ☺️

danelle-s OP t1_iscu9zb wrote

Thank you. We had a lot of fun and decided we need more time in the city. Three days was not enough!