Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

newseller1023 t1_j1mnhdv wrote

I’m pretty sure they have them at streets market at 22nd and M - refrigerated section w/ the produce

solidrecommendations t1_j1moaet wrote

Definitely Streets as others have mentioned. Rice Market on 14th may also have them.

docdc t1_j1nwkoq wrote

Frozen section at Trader Joe's!

GenericReditAccount OP t1_j1nwpsh wrote

No way, really?!

alisonrumak t1_j1okp0t wrote

Can confirm! Saw them at the U street location yesterday. Both the linked kind with spicy sauce and plain sliced/ coin kind.

Brendduh t1_j1qpga5 wrote

Way, TJ’s by Eastern Market metro as well.

baesoonist t1_j1msvlx wrote

Seconding all the comments about Streets, but I’m pretty sure H Mart is available on Instacart if you’re looking to get more than just tteokbokki!

Fatcat336 t1_j2dhkky wrote

Hmart is on instacart???? You just changed the game for me

adamisinterested t1_j1n5gjx wrote

Fwiw Hana does have them, though the other suggestions of Streets are good too. Bestworld in Mt Pleasant also sometimes has them

Six-76 t1_j1nwmc2 wrote

Do they have them in stock often? I've looked through the freezer section every time I'm there and I've never noticed them

adamisinterested t1_j1o2o33 wrote

I haven’t bought any there in awhile so maybe they stopped stocking them, but I can for sure co-sign the others saying Streets so might be safer to go there if that’s all you’re looking for

ASalmonOfDoubt t1_j1mnlg5 wrote

I haven’t seen them there but I know that the streets market at 13th and Massachusetts Ave NW has them!

rosyrosierosy t1_j1o37dc wrote

Are you looking for tteokbokki or tteok (the plain rice cakes that are used to make tteokbokki)?

GenericReditAccount OP t1_j1od1bk wrote

Oh, good call. I tried using the correct term, and apparently messed up. I’m looking for the plain rice cakes to use in recipes. Thanks for the correction.

rosyrosierosy t1_j1znmh4 wrote

No worries, just wanted to make sure I’m giving correct recommendations. I was at Trader Joe’s this week and they had frozen tteok, but the sliced type that’s used in tteokguk (rice cake soup). Perfect for the new year! They also have frozen tteokbokki, which was surprisingly good. The packaging for both say “product of Republic of Korea.”

GenericReditAccount OP t1_j1zocmg wrote

Just went and got both sliced and unsliced from the freezer section. Perfect for what I plan to cook tonight.

Thanks for the recs.

rosyrosierosy t1_j1zp55h wrote

They had plain unsliced ones too? Wow, Trader Joe’s is killing it with all the new Korean products they’ve released lately!

GenericReditAccount OP t1_j1zqk4v wrote

The unsliced ones come in a bag with sauce separate. I plan to just trash the sauce and use the cakes!

soupy319 t1_j1qs0ov wrote

Best world in mount pleasant. Has a lot of Asian groceries including Korean ramen.

Norls82 t1_j1mpzh5 wrote

Haven't been to Hana since much earlier this year, but they didn't have them then.

Flermple t1_j1nyrcs wrote

Rice market on 14th has some in the downstairs space