Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Ahmatt t1_ja2fh6f wrote

At this point, every-time a news on sanctions on Russia appears, I’m like “it wasn’t done earlier??”

Luknron t1_ja2llyz wrote

Completely a private military company just doing things. Not part of the Russian state in any way. Definitely not an internationally condemned mercenary company.

lensman3a t1_ja42bgp wrote

Wagner kicked the French out of the Sahel at Russia’s bidding.

CrimsonShrike t1_ja7i62f wrote

Not quite. Mali (and others) replaced the international task forces with Wagner because said forces wouldn't do whatever they asked them to do.

Let's not beat around the bush. The Juntas want gunmen who will crush dissent and not ask questions.

Wagner's attempts to pin their warcrimes on France came after the fact.

wotmate t1_ja2meo8 wrote

Instead of just sanctions, why aren't they sending in black ops to take out these terrorists?

autotldr t1_ja15epz wrote

This is the best tl;dr I could make, original reduced by 83%. (I'm a bot)

> The European Union on Saturday announced additional sanctions against Russia's Wagner Group mercenary and economic organization for "Human rights abuses" committed in the Central African Republic, Mali, Sudan and Ukraine.

> The Wagner Group itself was already placed under EU sanctions in 2021, the US recently labeled it a "Transnational criminal organization."

> According to a report this month on Wagner by the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime, the CAR is Wagner's biggest African base of operations.

Extended Summary | FAQ | Feedback | Top keywords: Wagner^#1 Group^#2 sanctions^#3 activities^#4 military^#5