Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Subject_Amount_1246 t1_je873gn wrote

Other than the men getting blown to peices at the front line...

takeitineasy t1_je8luif wrote

Aren't the fighting age men also barred from leaving, while women and children can go abroad?

EyeLikeTheStonk t1_je8eive wrote

Come on, the men are having all the fun playing with cool weapons and blowing shit up... The UN, probably...

rheumination t1_je9va7g wrote

The headline appeared to be pretty dismissive of the hardship men have endured during this conflict. However headlines are often misleading (especially on Reddit) so I decided to read the article. There is really nothing in the article to support the claim that “women and children have suffered disproportionately” but it is also a short and poorly written article. Perhaps they try and justify the statement in the primary source material? The article has no link to the primary source.

As it currently stands, it seems like a pretty sexist statement.

komeslaze t1_je8851r wrote

men aged 18-60 are not even allowed to leave ukraine due to martial law wtf are these people smoking?

k4ndlej4ck t1_je88y1q wrote

Yeah but that obviously doesn't count, men love that. /S

Wingsnake t1_jeababs wrote

Yeah, but no one cares about equality and sexism if it happens to men. If I were in the ukraine, I would identify as female just to get out there.

coreywindom t1_je8eldr wrote

Oh fuck off. The men are the ones fighting and dying on the battle field

th3empirial t1_je8funf wrote

It’s totally unfair, the men just get to stay in Ukraine and play with guns and explosives

[deleted] t1_je8wnho wrote

It'll be fun they say.

In reality, it sucks.

Bronskungen t1_je8xc1x wrote

"Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat."

- Hillary Clinton, and the UN probably

HospitalBreakfast t1_je8troe wrote

I can’t. I just can’t. This genuinely feels line an onion headline.

Gaz-rick t1_je8uzak wrote

Disproportionately less compared to the men living there?

Disproportionately compared to women that aren't living in an active warzone?

A bit of context would be nice.

Rusty51 t1_je897kd wrote

Didn’t know Hildog was working as a UN official now.

[deleted] t1_je8pjf1 wrote

[deleted]

recessiontime t1_je8pt5v wrote

This is why Reddit is a joke. Every subreddit pretty much operates the same with censorship.

Oki-Doki-4 t1_je9w1au wrote

The article doesn't actually say anything. If waffles between different (Ukraine war) topics with little connection. The only quote that actually suggests women are suffering dis-proportionally is unattributed. The article itself has no credit.

Think ya'll getting baited into getting upset at some AI-regurgitated filler.

k4ndlej4ck t1_jecryra wrote

Lol, post is down voted to hell, surprising no one.