Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

johnstar714 t1_iujm73w wrote

Good. Maybe that’ll take some wind out of there sails.

autotldr t1_iuj2vol wrote

This is the best tl;dr I could make, original reduced by 85%. (I'm a bot)

> Indian refiners expanded their basket of Russian crude by adding 15 per cent East Siberia Pacific Ocean blends, 6 per cent of Arctic Oil, and 3 per cent of Novy Port to their overall Urals-dominated Russian supply mix.

> Saudi Arabia shipments slumped to 706,000 barrels per day last month, compared with 807,000 barrels per day in September - a 16 per cent share.

> "I think India will be able to continue to import Russian oil, and it will not be browbeaten by the Western alliance in its sovereign decisions to purchase oil from whatever source in its own national interest," said London-based oil industry consultant Tilak Doshi, who was previously with Saudi Aramco.

Extended Summary | FAQ | Feedback | Top keywords: per^#1 oil^#2 barrel^#3 India^#4 Russian^#5

EtadanikM t1_iujfwrb wrote

India knows it has leverage right now, with the US courting it for containment against China. The US is forced to "play nice" because it needs India.

That said, India should be careful for folks in the national security establishment may have a long memory.

−15

Only_Manav t1_iuji9e0 wrote

True, people in national security do have a long memory thats why India is so hesitant to trust the US

waisonline99 t1_iujpbjd wrote

Great little bargain there, but Saudi wont forget this.

−23

Ok_Side2575 t1_iujqczr wrote

Well saudis held talks with Indians and Chinese on this..

koifishadm t1_iujc1me wrote

War profiteering in a slightly disguised manner.

−32