Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

OraclesPath00 t1_j28pm0y wrote

I really am happy they understood that Russia was stoking the flames in this. Dont get me wrong they have issues with each other, and it's not simple to just fix. But I'm glad to see some groups come together to find a way forward instead of going the violence direction.

SeekerSpock32 t1_j28vi9l wrote

Definitely seems like Russia wants a World War III, and I don’t (necessarily) mean that in a nuclear way, but with lots of conflicts going on across the world. Pretty much every major stoked conflict has some Russian influence on the anti-democratic side.

Their own invasion of Ukraine

China’s aggression towards Taiwan

Serbia’s aggression towards Kosovo

Right wing domestic terrorism and Russia-favoritism in the United States

Bolsonaro’s aborted coup attempt in Brazil

Letting Azerbaijan attack Russia’s supposed ally Armenia

Aiding the Iranian regime in attacking their citizens

Plenty more examples with Russia stoking the conflict.

DavidlikesPeace t1_j29v2w4 wrote

> Pretty much every major stoked conflict has some Russian influence on the anti-democratic side.

Agreed. They were the main 'antagonist' this generation, doing everything they could against the West / global democracy.

It's darkly comical how Russia is capable of using the internet to stretch tentacles in every unstable nation, at one point overseeing 3 coups in quick succession in 2021... But they can't march their army 30 miles to take Kharkiv. Talk about failed priorities.

They are at once both strong and weak. Global pretensions, but ever shrinking conventional military reach. It must infuriate Putin to preside over this disintigration, he with his fever dreams of past imperial glory and obsessive rivalry with the USA. Thank god Ukraine fought a good fight.

SeekerSpock32 t1_j29w30b wrote

A lot of times proponents of fascism portray their scapegoat as both strong and weak, but for Russia, they actually are both strong and weak. Just in different ways. Russia’s skills are in stoking conflict and disinformation, and not in actually fighting a war.

Me0wTTV t1_j2ajhjp wrote

USA v Russia reminds me of the famous moment from Th Last Dance, where Gary Payton goes on and on about how great their rivalry was, and Michael Jordan laughs and says “I had no problem with The Glove”.

They’ve invented their own rivalry, we just kinda laugh at the fact that they really think they can compete with the US in anything.

Voodoochild1984- t1_j2d50dr wrote

> we just kinda laugh at the fact that they really think they can compete with the US in anything.

Because the US is at best competing with it self!?

goonsquad4357 t1_j2bi9lt wrote

And who is accountable for the left wing domestic terrorism in the US?

−9

SeekerSpock32 t1_j2bie2e wrote

Hello whataboutism. Leftwing domestic terrorism is not anywhere near as common as rightwing domestic terrorism in the US.

Though in all seriousness, some of the hardest leftists in the US like Nina Turner are also bankrolled by Russia.

Shipecii t1_j2b7qmb wrote

I think EU needs to stop babying serbia, it is a authoritarian state controlled by criminals and equally as criminal religious leadership. What is very interesting is that people in serbia are going along with the nonsense. If Balkans was Survivor, they would be voted out of the peninsula.

MasnaSarma88 t1_j2bzn3k wrote

We are not going along with shit. We're tired of protesting and scared of what they'd do to stay in power.

[deleted] t1_j29jnek wrote

[removed]

Djoker15- t1_j29yav3 wrote

Hating on Serbia, so hot right now.

homework8976 t1_j29yfzc wrote

Really since 1914

Djoker15- t1_j29yom0 wrote

American man shows his whataboutism and lack of knowledge in History, I know that one it’s a classic.

−1

homework8976 t1_j29yxsi wrote

That’s uncalled for.

[deleted] t1_j29z47q wrote

[removed]

homework8976 t1_j29zarf wrote

It was just rude. Also there was no whataboutism stated during our interaction. Also also, nobody but the Russians love Serbia as much as you seem to.

Lud4Life t1_j2bi16z wrote

I actually have trouble thinking of a worse bunch of people than the Serbians other than Russia ofcourse.

−4

[deleted] t1_j2c324s wrote

When this gets resolved, they should make a movie about it. Maybe call it… A Serbian Film

−5

Possible-Border-2679 t1_j2buu1m wrote

EULEX and KFOR has fail again to guarantee the freedom of movement and rule of law in Kosovo. If EULEX and KFOR can't guarantee the freedom of movement, they must leave Kosovo. EULEX's core existence has failed again.

Lets vote if EULEX must leave Kosovo

−10