Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

GovermentSpyDrone t1_j62td5l wrote

I didn't realise Denmark had military conscription.

Flamingotough t1_j62v4sg wrote

It's rather minimal, and we for the most part have volunteers enough that few are ever drafted.

Wild-Kitchen t1_j62tv2u wrote

Me either. I wonder if it's like being conscripted to Switzerland's military? I don't remember the last time I heard about Denmark in any skirmishes

Drahy t1_j63dso7 wrote

Denmark was in Helmand with the British. They had same loses as UK and US per capita.

Edit: Conscription in Denmark is just 4-5 months of basic recruit training and conscripts are not used for INTOPS (deployments). If you join the Navy it will normally include 6 weeks at sea.

To be deployed in the army you get 8 months training on top of your conscription.

DegnarOskold t1_j63f7j3 wrote

According to Wikipedia, Denmark suffered the highest casualty rate per capita of any NATO country in Afghanistan.

LetsPlayDrew t1_j62ydg8 wrote

Out here we just run around and drink beer up in the alps while shooting our guns. Now though with the war in Ukraine theyve started to become a little more strict.

Patient-Lifeguard363 t1_j64a0o4 wrote

Finland also has conscription and I think NATO nations especially France and Germany should have some form of Conscription in case of major wars.

Vali32 t1_j64lski wrote

Conscripting only one sex gets more and more difficult legaly. The more equality and gender neutral laws get passed, the harder it would be.