Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

danidr t1_iy5v77i wrote

Reply to comment by Ockwords in Prima Luce, me, 3D, 2022 by losbadhombres

… he didn’t? I guess he just typed “naked woman with halo” into Dall•E then?

Ockwords t1_iy5vs3h wrote

I mean he literally didn’t? It’s a 3D RENDER. Not a drawing.

−3

danidr t1_iy5wfm5 wrote

Define drawing then.

According to Cambridge Dictionary, it’s “to make a picture of something or someone with a pencil or pen”. Therefore, an oil painting is technically not drawn.

Or you could use the loose meaning of creating the representation of something on a 2D plane; and in that case, he DID draw. According to his description (and having worked with 3D renderings myself), it is a lengthy and creative process.

If you’re an artist, I hope you didn’t comment “OP didn’t draw this” in a derogatory way, because it would show little respect for the creative work of another human being.

If that was not your intention though, all good :)

Ockwords t1_iy5xevl wrote

> Define drawing then.

Sure. Drawing: Not a render.

Done.

> Therefore, an oil painting is technically not drawn.

Correct, we call those paintings lol

> Or you could use the loose meaning of creating the representation of something on a 2D plane

Taking a photo is also not drawing.

> If you’re an artist, I hope you didn’t comment “OP didn’t draw this” in a derogatory way, because it would show little respect for the creative work of another human being.

Just because they're an artist doesn't mean I have to respect their work. I didn't say he wasn't an artist, I just said it wasn't a drawing, it's a render. It's a completely different process.

−2