Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

thefifthorseman t1_j1ticn5 wrote

Again, no art critic and literal zero experience with what means what in art. But my first thoughs seeing it through my eyes are: snake head is covering male genetals and in an artsy way replacing it with female genitals (the finger insertion seems like a big deal to the peice). The body is super realistic, but the nappies are higher and more centred then normal, maybe again leaning towards a females body over a males, but that's the best I can think of. It just doesn't seem like an accident. The second snake entering the mouth has me at a loss, other than a possible oral sex act implication. I do know snakes are commonly known to represent sin. So I'm thinking with all that the "self integrity" is shown in the form of a male wanting to be and act female and needs to have a lot of self integrity to address it with how it is seen by a lot of people, as none else can.

halborn t1_j1tq1pu wrote

The nipples suggest to me the body is intended to be seen as leaning away - like the head is lower than the feet.

iheartgold t1_j1w1uod wrote

Snake definitely has an O'Keeffe thing happening that isn't anatomically correct

iheartgold t1_j1w2148 wrote

Or maybe it is i dont know. Ouroboros of sex?

GavrielBA t1_j1ykifh wrote

At first I thought it has homosexual connotation but after reading your post I think it also has transsexual connotations! Thanks!