Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Sea-Zookeepergame997 t1_j61qaav wrote

A beautiful post modern painting!

What I observe here with respect to your interpretation....

1. Colours here are dark and from extreme end of VIBGYOR spectrum, Red to indigo- bluish dominate. Shows extremity of repression from trust issues to anger, escaping, to forcible unintentional introversion and existential crisis

2. Drowning of subjects shown here, in the sea of suffering ( reference maybe to river Acheron and Cocytus). Women shown drowing with chain and pushed by chain of hands on her eyes may depict feminine hypocrisy, Female oppression, semblance slavery and more.

3. Mangrove tree or blood vessels encircled to bodies and skulls especially forsaken people. Bluish tinch may depict deoxygenated blood, slowly causing death due to obstruction, asphyxiation around toxic environment and support failure from loved ones.

4. Showing Evil versus the sufferer's who want to come out of abyss or Evil vs the corrupt souls or Government conspiracy vs people's right to know, right to truth, right to information, right to personal liberty and many more.

5. If you make the picture upside down, it seems as if there are numerous hands trying to get the women in chains out of sea by clamping the hand on the head. Basic idea - Realisation of truth, fight from oppression and repression.

6. Also can notice blood red moon and setting sun showing loss of hope and gradual tread towards difficult phase and abyss. Hands can be seen which are either suffocating some souls and some of them trying to get out.

There are many things to tell and explain here because for each person they have their own interpretation, but for a painter his own interpretation to his painting has certain background significance like, as to in what state the painter has painted, or what was the painter going through or observing along while painting, gives us clue of social, cultural, psychological and physiological effects in the particular place, time, country and tradition.

Themes - Chronic Anxiety, Repression of feelings, overprotection, abuse, Utilitarianism, opportunism, perfectionism and overthinking.

These are the interpretation i felt you may probably have. I'm sure a painter who paints on these subjects are themselves unsure or unaware of the magic they are creating as they have thousands things in head which come on canvas with beautiful motifs and imagery. I though do paint on such subjects and also most of the time unaware of the messages too on my painting.

Hope to get your reviews. Beautiful painting indeed! Keep painting.

12PoundTurkey OP t1_j61s8ca wrote

Hey thats a really nice breakdown, some of these interpretations really resonate with me.

DoucheBear t1_j65d767 wrote

I wholeheartedly loved this observation. Thank you for writing this out.

I really want this covering my wall lol. Absolutely stunning /u/12PoundTurkey