Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

keeperkairos t1_j6m69df wrote

If you break up the image into smaller pieces, it becomes a bit more obvious. Still says nothing of the skill required to visualise what it will look like when it's all together though.

oozinator1 t1_j6mv358 wrote

From a reductionist perspective, everything we've ever known, loved, or hated is just a pile of atoms.

keep_trying_username t1_j6ns3ve wrote

>A live body and a dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally, there's no discernible difference. Life and death are unquantifiable abstracts. Why should I be concerned?

― Alan Moore, Watchmen

probablytoohonest t1_j6nu4so wrote

That doesn't even make sense. Just saying.

tackleho t1_j6nwgw8 wrote

I think he means they're are both part of an inevitable interdependant experience. One that can be barely understood by the limitations of our consiousness. Examples being art, metaphysics and science, (this context) which are all still just concepts to measure with. So in a way, life and death end up kind of meaningless no matter what angle of comprehension you adopt. So why bother.

keep_trying_username t1_j6nxi8g wrote

That's fine. The quote is from a person who gained god-like power and knowledge. The quote was a way to show that he could no longer relate to humans.

Then he went to Mars or the Moon (I forget which) and started creating life.

MrSelfDestruct88 t1_j6n20sp wrote

What really trips me up is reflections, glares and condensation added.