Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

HeavensCriedBlood t1_j9yuwop wrote

What do you mean?

Menien t1_j9yzzhq wrote

Probably just that this sub is a good 70% images of naked white women in various mediums

tammias OP t1_j9z9oiu wrote

Interesting, when I browsed the subreddit before posting I saw none

thebeandream t1_ja1k9w7 wrote

Really? There was a photograph of a naked woman playing chess with a cat not too long ago. It had quite a few upvotes for something that wasn’t particularly interesting. I noticed a few of the comments thought it was a painting when it wasn’t so maybe that had something to do with it.

tammias OP t1_ja2hi2c wrote

Yeah I saw that after posting. However, one post does not 70% make. While scrolling through many more posts I think I saw one more nude women, and one of a man (which got praised and no discussion about nudity - at that time I read).I also saw what very much looked like a pinup, although you could not see nipples... But there were no off topic discussion about the whole subreddit under that post at that time (could be now, as it was some hours ago I looked).

HeavensCriedBlood t1_j9z03tw wrote

Even if that was true, why is that bad?

Menien t1_j9z0vnh wrote

It's boring.

Art is supposed to make you think

Red_Ravin1 t1_ja27i5g wrote

Okay then turn off nsfw and you'll get all the other stuff

tammias OP t1_j9z0s3d wrote

Well, I'm guessing they are a part of the loud crowd that think the human body should be banned from art, that we should pretend it doesn't exists, and everyone should adjust and create work just to please them.
Luckily, I've been around long enough to not care, and will continue study the subject in the world all humans share - whenever I want to :) I find it interesting when people who have contributed 0 posts of art to the reddit try to lecture me on what art is (like it was an objective thing).

[deleted] t1_j9zg5x1 wrote

Disregard reddit opinions, grind art. This is the way.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, when you paint the light and shadows do you idealize the light or do you stay accurate to life with all its complexities.

tammias OP t1_j9zjdai wrote

Thanks, yes I found it funny when checked the commenters complaining and it turns out they poste no artwork themselves, just putting their "opinions" under other people's posts.

In this I followed the natural light first but then changed it a bit, because I did not think the image worked, thanks for asking :) For example the background was dark irl.