Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Meringue_utan OP t1_j9lbs0i wrote

I was 15 when TP came out in the UK. Old enough to be put under her spell. 32 years later, she's still got me.

KellyJoyCuntBunny t1_j9lckmt wrote

God yes.

My poor boyfriend, lol. Every time we watch, he has to listen to me talk about how incredibly beautiful she is. I just can’t look at her without marveling over how unreal she is.

Gl0riousGr0uch t1_j9lydbd wrote

I didn't catch it when I aired, but Amazon hooked it up. Possibly.aome of the BEST TV I've ever watched. Acting, scene comp and a compelling story.

I'm just happy it ended when it did.

KellyJoyCuntBunny t1_j9m0ytp wrote

Yeah, you know, I see the wisdom in the way some series are handled these days, where from the beginning they plan to have a limited amount of seasons. The idea that every tv show or series has to go on for as long as possible and that that’s the measure of success doesn’t really work for everything. Maybe Twin Peaks would’ve worked well with that kind of structure- like, “here’s the story we want to tell, and here’s how we’re going to structure it, and then it’ll be a complete thing.” I can see that.

Isn’t it grand, though‽ I agree- screen composition, compelling story, great characters, and just so perfectly itself. I’ve watched it an absurd amount of times.