Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

NoPantsBen t1_j6os5wv wrote

The bride was dropping a couple f-bombs about how much she loves the groom in her vows. Maybe not that big of a deal, but it felt very weird and unnecessary. Grandma probably didn’t love it either.

CartographerHot2285 t1_j6ot054 wrote

Bride was very proudly wearing a red wedding dress. Looked gorgeous.

Their first dance song: lady in red...

VoreReznor t1_j6owsxh wrote

I saw parents of the bride stop the wedding after the bride and grooms vows. So they could get up and renew their vows. Totally taking away from bride and grooms walk down the aisle.

The_Presitator OP t1_j6oxv7h wrote

Was this planned ahead of time?? Who would think that was a good idea planned or not?

VoreReznor t1_j6oy1si wrote

Was not planned it was a suprise “gift” for the bride.

The_Presitator OP t1_j6oycpt wrote

Jeez... I don't know how a wedding can recover after that.

VoreReznor t1_j6oyjfq wrote

I was a guest on the grooms side. For most of us it didn’t. But they are still married more than 15years.

haleyfrostphotograph t1_j6oqyea wrote

Mentioning an affair during the maid of honor/best man’s speech.

tauntonlake t1_j6orpih wrote

The bride and the whole garter thing, on the chair in the middle of the room, always made me uncomfortable. If I ever had gotten married, that would have been omitted.

The_Presitator OP t1_j6oxjnj wrote

You know the shoe game? That's where the bride and groom have their backs to each other, holding one of each of their shoes, and when a question is posed they answer it by raising either the bride's shoe or the Groom's. They're asked, like, "Who drives the best?" And they lift up the shoe of who they thought was the best driver between the two of them. I know some people don't like this game, but I usually find it fun and can be a cute look into the couple's relationship.

Well, at my cousin's wedding reception the bride's siblings decided to have the newlyweds do the shoe game. However, the game is usually done by a DJ or someone who can work the crowd, not by the bride's socially awkward, homeschooled siblings. On top of that, the bride had still been living at home and she and the groom hadn't lived with each other at all over the one year between going out and getting married (they didn't even kiss until they were engaged, but that's another story). Which is fine, but, the shoe game has questions like "Who does the dishes the best? Which one snores loudest? Ect.." which are hard to answer when you've both lived in your parents' home separate from each other.

It was like watching someone say they're about to do a backflip and then watch them biff it against a railing. The bride's siblings enthusiastically asked questions they should have known she couldn't answer. The bride and groom awkwardly shrugged every other question. The older sibling acted like he knows how to do stage banter while over 100 people watched this trainwreck in a crowded wedding-barn. I couldn't take it, the cringe was like being hit over the head by a hammer.

My wife and I fled the scene to get fresh air where we ran into my dad who also couldn't handle the cringe. We all played ping pong in a backroom/shed until we were sure it was safe to head back.

Icy-Dragonfly-3629 t1_j6osi0u wrote

🥴😁

I dont go to large gatherings and events.

A fat chunk of that reason is its not a party. Its work. Work Im not getting paid for.

You get invited and are expected to prep and give money for weddings.