Submitted by MiddleTomatillo t3_xu54ss in BuyItForLife

I was going to pull the trigger as I’m trying to go minimal but quality on my clothing options and I see a lot of mixed recent reviews on Vuori. There’s a lot of consistency saying how comfortable they are, but do they hold up? Some newer reviews state how thin the material is, or pilling after a couple washes. Thanks!

Edit to add: I’m asking because the brand pops up here a lot, but most remarks are on the comfort, not quality.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

col02144 t1_iqtvlyt wrote

I don’t own any, but anything with as aggressive of social media advertising as they have makes me skeptical of quality

Necessary-Mission443 t1_iqvlahk wrote

The brand is sold at REI who typically would not stock something that’s substandard.

MiddleTomatillo OP t1_iqtzmll wrote

Same- if you search for that style on this sub tho, their name pops up. But more comments about comfort than longevity/quality.

coldfootwpulses t1_iquf8r6 wrote

that's an interesting observation. they spend a lot of money advertising. and they "pass it on" to the customers for a higher price. but it doesn't mean their quality is bad.

they're somewhat in the realm of "tech" clothing - like lululemon (a lot of ads), or outlier and mission workshop (very few ads). i'd say as long as they have a good warranty, i would give them a shot. but if for a similar price point, i'd rather go with outlier.

proteinsharts t1_ircaslt wrote

I pretty much only buy vuori and patagonia because of the quality. Currently wearing core shorts that i've had for 4 years and they look new. Just wash cold and hang dry

KittySparkles5 t1_iqu2jim wrote

Holy shit. Received a pair as a gift. Never previously heard of the brand and had to look them up. The quality is amazing and the pair I have feel like second skin. They go on flash sale and/or 20% off. Worth it in my opinion. Wash in cold with non scented wash, hang dry. Do it.

MiddleTomatillo OP t1_iqu5015 wrote

Thanks for the motivation, I think I’ll give them a shot. I’ve got a 20% off coupon and one of my CCs has a promotion so it’s a good time to try.

fupaJones8 t1_iqtzc0n wrote

I have owned 3 pairs of their shorts, the oldest shorts have lasted me about a year now. Very happy with their quality so far. I personally don't put a lot of my clothes in the dryer. I typically hang dry. They seem to wash well and keep their color and shape. I went to a store once and it felt like I walked into a Lulu Lemon.

MiddleTomatillo OP t1_iqtzvc0 wrote

Thanks. Yeah I was surprised to see them mentioned on this sub so much, I’m skeptical. Can’t decide to pull the trigger or not, thanks for the input.

ReleaseDirect t1_iquhdrc wrote

I have 2 pairs of shorts. I do a lot of hiking and the dri fit ones have been going strong after a year

_yogi_mogli_ t1_iquorsm wrote

I have a sports bra and matching pair of yoga pants. They are the first pair I reach for because they are amazingly soft. Had them about a year and they still look brand new.

MiddleTomatillo OP t1_iqutays wrote

Thanks for the feedback. I forgot they are sold at REI so I’ll head there to check them out.

1tMySpecial1nterest t1_iqup3om wrote

I think the company is only a few years old, so no-one can say how long lasting they are.

I’ve also seen mixed reviews, but I’ve only seen complaints about pilling so far.(only two online complaints) One online complaint said the fabric has changed recently. A woman I met in person said the joggers are the best thing on the market for all activewear brands. She bought them a couple of years ago.

It could be that within the past year quality has started going downhill.

I haven’t seen anything about holes or stitching problems.(problems I have had with recent Lululemon purchases.)

My plan is to buy them at REI and if they start pilling after a couple of washes, I’ll return them. With REI, you have one year to return them.

MiddleTomatillo OP t1_iqut92x wrote

All good points. Maybe that’s the route it’ll take as well, I forgot I could check them out at my local REI. Thanks.

1tMySpecial1nterest t1_irln3yf wrote

I thought I would give you an update. I was doing some shopping on the REI website and I now see A LOT of bad reviews for Vuori! They are all confirming that the fabric has changed.

I think I’m going to try a pair of prAna (also on REI). The only bad reviews I see over multiple pants options are that the waist bands tend to run large and that they aren’t good for hiking or mountain climbing because they snag on rocks. I haven’t seen any reviews that mention pilling, holes, or seams unraveling. I only looked at the reviews for the pants.

MiddleTomatillo OP t1_irlog2h wrote

Awesome thanks for the feedback- and yeah, that’s my concern is that they’ve changed their fabric recently to a poorer quality. So many mixed reviews and the recent ones are the worst.

Woody2shoez t1_iquux5k wrote

I have stuff from them that is 4 years old and worn every week with minimal wear.

I see other brands that I like but just haven’t had the need to buy anything new because the vuori stuff is holding up so well.

MiddleTomatillo OP t1_iqwm2gl wrote

Thanks for the input! Hopefully they haven’t changed up their quality since then.

roxychalk t1_iqzev7g wrote

I have the joggers and have had them for about a year, no complaints! I have two dogs with talons (😩) , happy to report no tears or rips!

John_Wicks_fn_pencil t1_ir7h84y wrote

I got Vuori clothing for for Christmas 2 years ago and they still held up strong and are super comfortable. I stopped buying Nike cause the stitching would always be inconsistent, and no longer buy Lululemon cause the quality isnt as good as when they first came out

drtyjrsy t1_ir3lv1z wrote

I live near where they started in Encinitas CA and I sorta watched them grow up. They’re priority is synthetic fabrics that are designed to be soft and comfortable first…durable second. They’re experts in marketing, not durable fashion.

ShinyCake t1_ir586oy wrote

I have two pairs of joggers and have worn them constantly for two years. I mean I live in them, except for during the summer. There was a dramatic difference in the feeling of the fabric after I washed them the first time, and some very slight pilling on the inside, but no further change since then. Even though they're not as soft as brand new, they're still the softest and most comfortable pants I've ever had. I'm going to treat myself to a new pair every year.

Bud_Johnson t1_irkjro5 wrote

Anything i dont want to get shredded in my shitty washer i put in a nylon garment bag.