Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Tacpacker t1_ir0oq50 wrote

+1 for Toughbuilt! I bought a toughbuilt pouch for a job that doesn't allow leather. I don't expect it to last as long as my Occidental pouch, but it definitely feels like a quality product and an excellent value for the $15 I paid. I don't think I'll have any problems replacing it when the nylon wears out in a year or two.

S0me_Thing_Clever t1_ir17423 wrote

They look kinda flimsy, but once I held them in my hands I realized how robust the nylon is. If anything’s going to break, my bet is the clip-on connection for the belt - but like you said it’s no big issue to replace every 3rd year if needed.

What initially drew me to the company was their sawhorses. Get a set of their high-end versions and be amazed at their clever design.

Brandon3541 t1_ir46jjp wrote

Out of curiosity, why is leather not allowed at your job?

I can't think of a safety reason off the top of my head other than it won't break free easily if snagged, but no belts that aren't specifically built to do so will either.

Tacpacker t1_ir5tihc wrote

Semiconductor fab. Can't use leather, cotton, rubber, or pretty much anything organic because they produce particles that can harm production. Makes shopping for new toys a bit more challenging sometimes.