Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ThePleem t1_ir5t19g wrote

Sanita makes most of their shoes in Poland and Denmark. They used to make Dansko clogs until Dansko found new manufacturers in China. If your modern Sanitas say ‘Made in Europe’, they are BIFL. When the soles wear out eventually they are easily replaced at a shoe hospital.

Napalmpudding t1_ir627eo wrote

This comment is accurate. The Dansko quality is nothing compared to a Sanita.

mrjibbins t1_ir633g8 wrote

The heels of my Sanitas blew out after about a year and there was no way to return or replace them. My danskos, however, went strong for about 5 years before needing to be replaced.

Napalmpudding t1_ir64xpw wrote

They are staples clogs. If the side blew out, bring them to a shoe repair to put a staple or two in them. There shouldn’t be any pressure on the heels as they are a true clog and your heel shouldn’t touch the heel cup.

mrjibbins t1_ir6weim wrote

The rubber heel exploded and crumbled lol there was nothing to staple the leather to

ThePleem t1_ir7umij wrote

That is usually from the shoe being left unworn for a long time and the rubber degrades. Could have happened before or after you bought them. A full sole replacement would be needed to fix this unfortunately. Some sneakers have the same issue when stored and not worn for a long time.

mrjibbins t1_ir885wr wrote

That's fair

I bought them new and wore them in the operating room 5 days a week for a year and the heel was fucked. Maybe they sat too long on the shelf, you're probably right

divinekittycat t1_ir7l6cq wrote

OMG I love you for this information. Years ago Dansko discontinued the only type of clog my stupid feet like (the Marcelle maryjane) but it looks like Sanita makes something identical (Clare). My three pairs of Danskos are 20 years old now and definitely worse for wear (plus the shoe repair guy did a TERRIBLE job replacing the insoles in one pair and now they're lumpy) but I did manage to snag one last brand new pair that's still in the box several years ago. Now I know where to go when they all eventually fall apart.

stella-eurynome t1_ir7r0m7 wrote

Random add on here for Dansko and Sanitas, as I wear both almost exclusively and they last ages (Sanita much longer than Dansko, on average, for sure) except for one thing.

For about 10 years I was car-free and rode my bike everywhere, like 3K miles a year in city biking. The stress of the flex caused by pedaling would eventually crack the soles across the ball of the foot. Generally was unrepairable.

In my experience, this shortened the life of both brands to 3-5 years. Just in case there are other city bikers out there who don't change shoes or clothes to bike.

I remember when Danskos were good, my first par was from before the split. It was ages ago but these brands were a life-changing discovery. I had plantar fascitis and worked on my feet for a living at the time. Only shoes that kept me from hating life.

scottvs t1_ir702e3 wrote

My first pair of Dansko clogs were made by Sanita. Lasted well over 5 years. My next few pairs were made by Dansko, none lasted over 2 years. My current clogs have brought me back to Sanita, they're about a year old and still look essentially new.

gourdeonkeek t1_ir7oaa6 wrote

While I want to agree, my Danskos have stayed in much better shape over the years than my Sanitas.

Steelringin t1_ir5ynvl wrote

I read that as 'Santa clogs' and was wondering why they weren't Christmas coloured...

idiosyncrisia t1_ir5yxs0 wrote

Not doubting you at all, but man am I ever impressed that you still have the paint on the insoles. Any printing on an insole of mine is gone within a week or a few days of ownership.

breezywood t1_ir61szn wrote

Maybe you aren’t really getting the correct sized shoe, sounds like your feet are sliding around too much and rubbing of the design on the insole. I have to buy shoes that feel a bit too snug in the store but are perfect after a week of breaking them in

meateatr t1_ir8rw8y wrote

I know and they work in healthcare too!

IppyCaccy t1_ir5r78m wrote

Do you think all Sanita clogs are this good or just this particular style?

CaffeineandLove OP t1_ir5scqv wrote

These are the only ones I’ve tried! I plan on keeping these until they fall apart before trying anything else.

haradur t1_ir72sdb wrote

Buy an additional pair already now!

takenusernametryanot t1_ir6t3zh wrote

I wonder how healthcare miles do compare to nautical miles and even regular miles :)

CaffeineandLove OP t1_ir6u0gh wrote

Lol!!! I just wanted to paint the picture that bodily fluids have been cleaned off these shoes many times 😂

raethehug t1_ir5uid1 wrote

Can you run in these? I’ve always wondered if i could run to a code in clogs

Silly_Garbage_1984 t1_ir5zvph wrote

I could not. It slowed me down overall which i found unbearable. I bought mine after a lot of research and choose Sanita over Dansko, but never really took to them. They were really heavy, was much slower and my feet ached after a 8 hours. I loved the extra inches, but for me they were a def no-go over something like crocs. Other people really love these so maybe I’m just a one off.

raethehug t1_ir74mr9 wrote

I’m naturally a really fast walker and i work in a unit that can get really fast paced. Definitely sounds like this wouldn’t work for me. Thanks!

Ambystomatigrinum t1_ir8rr8f wrote

FWIW, most people get used to them pretty fast. Not everybody, but the vast majority.

demrnstho t1_ir7zkpt wrote

I think it’s individual. All my healthcare miles have been Dansko miles save for a few one-off days when I’ve tried sneakers, crocs, and other clogs. I can and have run in my clogs. They’re only hard to walk in on uneven surfaces, and you don’t get those in the hospital. I getting to the nursing age where a lot of my colleagues are complaining of sore feet, bunions, aching backs. Sure I’ve been tired and worn out after a shift, but I’ve never had sore feet or back problems. I like to think it’s my Danskos.

raethehug t1_ir84br0 wrote

That’s a good point. It would be nice to preserve my feet and back!

CaffeineandLove OP t1_ir6b69g wrote

Yeah, you probably don’t want to run in these but I’ve been able to stand comfortably in them for hours

UnbelievableRose t1_ir8un1h wrote

Yeah I always recommend Sanita if you stand all day, and Hoka if you walk all day. Too much walking in clogs almost always leads to sore insteps, at the very least.

bicycle_mice t1_ir6e8j5 wrote

I also used my Sanitas for about 7 years before they started to look realllly ratchet. Bought new ones immediately! I’m sure they’ll last just as long. Amazingly supportive. I’ve tried running shoes occasionally because clogs are not “cool” anymore but my feet hurt in anything else.

Stranded-Racoon0389 t1_ir5voyc wrote

What a funny name. Sanita is a nickname for a toilet in my hometown. lol

NebuKadneZaar t1_ir5y0gz wrote

There is one particular toilet with a nickname in your hometown?

Stranded-Racoon0389 t1_ir66idy wrote

Nah, just the object itself. Quirks of different languages.

SassiestRaccoonEver t1_ir68rx5 wrote

Coincidentally, a clog is what people where I’m from call obstructions in the toilet plumbing so maybe there’s a greater toilet-language conspiracy at play here.

The other clog just dropped.

Riflescoop t1_ir7ksvs wrote

Did you make it through with your Sanita intact?

mascara_flakes t1_ir7f96h wrote

I have these, only the speckles are red. Mine are also going strong after 7 years!

whiskeyknitting t1_ir609xx wrote

I have several pair of Dansko's ( not a nurse, an office worker) and they are by far the best shoes I have ever bought. Seconded by Alegria ( which are also nursing shoes and much more out loud in style)

TRIK-E t1_ira7ina wrote

Ooh covid clogs. Lol

How do you clean those?

AllStuff420peepz t1_itucv5q wrote

These are cute classic clogs. I love the "vintage" look that it imbibes. Clogs have a long history, and this peculiar footwear has emerged strong these days. These are also crucial parts of the Plantar Fasciitis treatment. Consider models with a closed-toe design when selecting a pair of clogs for Plantar Fasciitis.

Clogs aid in providing your feet with effective shock absorption, which is crucial for people who spend a lot of time on their feet at work, such as the nurses and doctors just to name a few. When it comes to comfortable clogs, I would recommend the clogs from OG Kushies™ as they offer not just function but fashion as well. It's dependable during a hectic time at work yet it's stylish and reasonably priced at the same time.

ShamelesslyPlugged t1_ir5m0ot wrote

On a scale from Eww to WMD, how do they smell?

−5

Cookandcaughtup t1_ir5qw6u wrote

Just in case you didn't know, these style of shoes tend to smell alot less. They are open which helps a tonne and mine had removable soles, rest is washable.