Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

edhitchon1993 t1_jaowkf5 wrote

Ask an expert. I got talking to a tailor in a beer tent which is how I stumbled into moleskins.

Welding and grinding are going to put a lot of strain on any material, I wear overclothes when I am metal working these days for that reason.

Arse pockets failing isn't something I have had with denim, but I've holed some chinos that way, for work clothes (actually for general wear to be honest) you can often darn holes like that pretty invisibily.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

___PM_ME_YOUR_FEET_ t1_jap1yvm wrote

All good, just sounded like you maybe had something with the stitches per inch and whatnot. I appreciate you responding though.

CaptainSwaggerJagger t1_jas1cx0 wrote

Out of interest, have you watched project farms video on jeans? He does extensive testing on products (usually tools) but he did jeans recently and one test was which pair had the greatest resistance to back pockets tearing off and not all ripped a hole in the trousers when the pocket failed

___PM_ME_YOUR_FEET_ t1_jasaapb wrote

No but that’s a great idea, I honestly never thought of that! I’ve seen a couple of his vids but never even thought to seek him out for this. I’ll have to look into that, thanks!