Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

___PM_ME_YOUR_FEET_ t1_jap7e3h wrote

Ehh I dunno that’s the route I’d go. I can’t trust anything a salesperson steers me toward. They’ll tell you anything to get you to buy. Their goal isn’t to sell you the objectively best, but instead whatever they make the highest margin on.

−1

Ella0508 t1_japcm58 wrote

Not necessarily, and not if you engage them in good conversation. And you don’t have to buy anything, just ask them “You say this is a high-quality fabric/construction — how do you tell?

___PM_ME_YOUR_FEET_ t1_japgq4g wrote

I have a hard time engaging in good conversation with people that are so disingenuous and only talking with you to work an angle and get your money. I could ask how they can tell quality and I won’t know if they’re being honest or just telling me things that reinforce their pitch for the stuff they want to sell to me.

Maybe if I happened to already be friends with somebody that was a high-end clothing salesperson that I could just have a straight conversation with instead of being sold to, but yeah, you can’t actually trust anything a salesperson is telling you. Their entire job is to tell you whatever they have to tell you to make a sale.

−1