Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Citrus075 t1_jcnsdqr wrote

Holy shit lol, I've got like 75 and I thought that was a lot. I mostly collect American muscle cars and a few JDM or other cars that I like. What do you like to collect mostly?

Finetales t1_jco40kr wrote

Well, I've been amassing them since I was a kid. I don't even try to collect a lot or get all of a specific thing, I just go to the store and buy the ones I like once in a while. There are people in way deeper than me who prowl eBay for specific cars they want and spend $20+ on one $2 car. The whole point of collecting Hot Wheels in my view is that it's the ultimate casual, cheap hobby.

I definitely have a lot of sports cars and exotics, but honestly my favorites to find are the ones that are just normal cars you'd see on the street. Right now the only one I actually have out on my desk and not sitting in a box is a fancy Matchbox garbage truck lol.

Also, I take them all out of the packaging. I buy them because I like to look at them, not as an investment. Eventually I want to do a big stop motion video with all of them, but most of the collection stays on the other side of the country from where I live lol.