Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

coldfootwpulses t1_jazapuj wrote

i have a pair of adidas samba that i bought in 2016 and wore them everywhere, especially when i travel (15-20K steps a day). they are still in great shape without any obvious breakdown. obviously they're indoor soccer shoes, not tennis.

i would also suggest look at companies that have 6 months warranties (or longer) - last time i checked salomon had such a policy - if your shoes wore out within 6 months, send them an email and photo and they send you a new pair.

leavin_marks OP t1_jazbfbv wrote

I’ve heard those recommended before, I’m just always wary of flatter shoes, they tend to be more uncomfortable for me. The last two pair of adidas I had (Adidas Cloudfoam) wore out in 4 months so I am also suspicious of their quality, but maybe the sambas are a step up.

coldfootwpulses t1_jazcaay wrote

i think you may benefit from buying shoes in real shoe stores with warranty info clearly discussed prior. most shoe stores have consignment so they really don't care if they give you a store credit back if your shoes wore out within 6 months (the company will happily eat the cost). and most running shoe brands have 6 months return policy.

leavin_marks OP t1_jazd35y wrote

What do you mean by real shoe stores?

coldfootwpulses t1_jazddv9 wrote

like your neighborhood running shoe store. or a tennis shop that carries tennis shoes. probably not a chain store but some good chain stores will also honor those warranties.

leavin_marks OP t1_jazeawa wrote

I honestly have never seen one of those anywhere around me. We have a lot of specialized sneaker head stores, or a lot of chain shoe stores (Rack Room Shows, Foot Locker, Famous Footwear) but I’ve never seen a specialized running shoe shop or tennis shop. I’ll have to do some digging, but with a quick google nothing seems to come up. Thanks for the advice.