Submitted by fauchis_garci t3_11v5hzt in BuyItForLife

Hi. I'm currently debating on different insulated water bottles to buy. I intend to use them in the gym and college with cold water. I've seen lots of bottles, and the two that I like the most are the Coleman FreeFlow and Owala FreeSip. Which would you go for?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

dr_clyde31 t1_jcro7fq wrote

I have a Hydroflask and love it.

Revolutionary-Two457 t1_jcrlyo8 wrote

I’ve got the Owala and bring it everywhere every single day. Big fan. My girlfriend bought one because she loved mine so much

Fit-Memory-8947 t1_jcriuj3 wrote

I always said I wouldn’t be a yeti fanboy, but I got a yeti water bottle for Chrissy one year and I’m a massive fan. I live in country Australia and it sits in my car at god knows what temperature. Bottle is almost to hot to pick up water is still ice cold.

AutoModerator t1_jcrh806 wrote

Hello /u/fauchis_garci! Thank you for your submission! The AutoMod thought that your post might be a request type post and has changed the flair accordingly, but if this was wrong feel free to change it back!

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

reptomcraddick t1_jcsgnmn wrote

I have the Swell Traveler and I love that damn thing, it is only 16 oz though so I don’t know if you want a larger one.

Diotima245 t1_jcrmkkk wrote

Yeti are very well made bottles. The 18 Oz is kinda the standard. I have a 18 Oz and a 64 Oz. I use a Yeti sip straw attachment with the bigger bottle.

otterkin t1_jctav5n wrote

personally I have a hydroflask and I love it, but my step dad has an owala and carries it with him everywhereeee

shwaak t1_jcrsda2 wrote

Whatever you do don’t get a kleankanteen classic. Mine lost vacuum after just less than a year, I’ve got a yeti now and it’s doing well.

aes421 t1_jcrvanj wrote

Really? I've been using my same. Klean Kanteen for atleast 10 years

shwaak t1_jcrvuae wrote

Yep, and 1 year warranty on KK, 5 years on yeti. My KK had no major damage, just lost vacuum, I’ve heard others have had a similar experience when this has come up on reddit in the past.

Edit: I think there was even a BIFLfail post on them.

suitopseudo t1_jd6snpn wrote

This happened to me too after maybe 2-3 years. Also a yeti convert. I will probably lose my yeti before it dies. My only complaint is that stopped making the old style lids and you have to buy a chug lid if you want a loop.

aes421 t1_jcrvnfp wrote

Ah just realized I have the non insulated one. That's probably the difference

shwaak t1_jcrxdph wrote

Oh ok, yeah mine never leaked, just wouldn’t keep anything cold. It’s a shame as I really liked the look of the KK, the classic was nice and simple, but no good if it stops working, it pissed me off as it was just out of warranty by the time I got around to dealing with it, and they made it a hassle so I didn’t bother. So now I just make sure to mention it when the topic comes up and people can make their decisions with that info.

beepityboppitybopbop t1_jctfsrc wrote

What exactly does it mean to lose vacuum I've never heard of this

shwaak t1_jctm6x8 wrote

The bottles have two layers of stainless steel and they suck out the air between those two layers, this is what insulates the bottle, if there is no air in that space there is minimal heat transfer, that’s the vacuum part. So the air has leaked back into that space somehow, probably a slow leak from crappy construction as I didn’t damage the bottle, and now the bottle doesn’t insulate what’s inside. You can tell just buy filling it with hot or cold water, you feel it holding the bottle quite quickly, a good bottle you can’t tell if it’s hot or cold inside, it also sound different when you tap it, when it had a vacuum it sounds really tinny, now it’s more dull.