Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

aztecannie99 t1_jbke5or wrote

I have a Miele (discontinued Futura Crystal, which we bought when it closeout priced) and I really like it. It was $1500 including taxes. I never thought I would spend that much money on the dishwasher. They had two lower end models (which would’ve been about $900 and a $1200 after tax iirc) but my husband ended up loving all of the movable pieces of the model we have. If you don’t need all that then the basic starter Miele will last you for long time; especially if you don’t plan on moving anytime soon.

I highly doubt $450 will get you a BIFL dishwasher, but I have found some great appliances for a good 50% off from stores that are changing our floor models. The dishwasher we had at our old house was a high end Kitchen Aid I bought for about $400 and the only reason it was discontinued was that Kitchen Aid added a 3rd row to that model. We had it for a year before we had to sell that house and it was flawless (I would’ve bought it again but didn’t care for the 3rd rack design of the newer model in 2020).

Also fwiw on the Bosch the all slanted dish slots drive me crazy….I am pretty sure I am in the minority on that on but those slanted dish slots are what kept me from even considering Bosch.

I also switched to almost Corelle dishes because it is soo much easier to load than heavy stoneware.

Good luck finding something that works for you.

chasonreddit OP t1_jbkfyh8 wrote

Thanks, I'll check that brand.

> I highly doubt $450 will get you a BIFL dishwasher

I can absolutely say that it will not. I paid $800 for my current kitchen-aid. It still went tits up on me.

adegener t1_jbl4h0k wrote

Miele all the way. Bosch/Siemens is designed to to last only about 10years