Submitted by hp13b t3_11x25y7 in BuyItForLife

Hi all! We are getting ready to move and want to purchase some nicer bedding.

I love the look of Parachute, Brooklinen, Quince, etc. comforters, but I cannot stand duvet covers and that seems to be all they sell. I really want a true comforter with a similar look.

If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them. Thanks!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

strawberrysasquatch t1_jd111e5 wrote

The Company Store might fit what you're looking for! They have beautiful comforters in lots of solid colors and some prints too, I think. My family always bought from them and we've never had issues; I have a comforter that I was given for college nearly 15 years ago and while I use it as guest bedding now, it's just as good as the day I got it.

Horror-Run6733 t1_jd2xv5w wrote

Company store is the answer. They have a lifetime guarantee, we never use a duvet, and they come out to the wash just fine. One of ours that lost some down fill over time was replaced for free. The Lacrosse medium fill is the place to start.

knowhow_LM t1_jd3beii wrote

I've bought sheets from Company store for myself and clients and the quality is high.

ashland431 t1_jd44p18 wrote

I was coming to recommend The Company Store also! I have a comforter from them and love it (and it's held up well).

MiddleTomatillo t1_jd1olbj wrote

The cloud cotton quilt from Parachute is what I use.

Only concern is it may not be warm enough on its own, but I really like it.

Junior_Ad2955 t1_jd1036b wrote

Good luck on a buy it for life comforter if you don’t use a duvet cover

hp13b OP t1_jd10nl3 wrote

I know, it’s a lot to ask. I just hate duvets. I feel like they constantly need to be readjusted, they rarely lay properly, they are a pain to wash. If it truly is the only option, I’ll try it, but it’s a lot of money to spend on a product I automatically don’t love

Junior_Ad2955 t1_jd156gy wrote

I get it, I wasn’t even a comforter/duvet person and preferred quilts but Frankenmuth Woolen Mill kept popping up and from there it was over for everything else, most breathable piece of bedding we have and keeps us the perfect temperature. Unfortunately they need to be sent back to the company to be cleaned, but we meticulously keep our cover on it and let it air out every month or so out in the sun. It is probably the least “need to readjust” duvet I’ve ever seen. Goes perfectly with our Red Land Cotton duvet cover. Year round!

Junior_Ad2955 t1_jd15c41 wrote

The best part is that they tie sections off so it never gets bunched up. Old European style. Most quit doing it because of the labor, but it’s way to go

Junior_Ad2955 t1_jd15o20 wrote

Comforters really shouldn’t be washed anyway. It’s never good for them at all even if they say they can be washed. It messes them up

Slight_Elk_8900 t1_jd1oazs wrote

My girlfriend doesnt like the plush textured blankets so id like to know what the best option is for an oversized qyeen bedding