Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ILikeEmNekkid t1_je37lsq wrote

100% cotton quilt. The same with blankets. I ONLY buy 100% cotton EVERYTHING, including clothing.

billythygoat t1_je3ikss wrote

Any good brands and cotton does make me sweat less.

Junior_Ad2955 t1_je3qu9w wrote

100% Cotton quilts, including the batting were hard to find but we love ours from Red Land Cotton

ILikeEmNekkid t1_je4fbkf wrote

My favorite quilts are by Levtex. They are a bit pricey, but you can get them from Kohl's when they are on sale and you have a coupon. I have dogs, so I always buy two of everything. It makes laundry day a lot easier.

I also use only flannel sheets. They are 100% cotton and help in the winter AND the summer. They are by Cuddl Duds, also being sold by Kohl's. I only shop these items when they are on sale.

billythygoat t1_je4rqcm wrote

It’s always summer here in Florida sadly. No flannel for me. And yeah, for a price of $300+ I’d expect no less lol.

Dazzling_Zucchini823 OP t1_je732o1 wrote

I keep hearing this too!! Cotten and linen are supposed to be the best fabrics for hot sleepers - thank you so much definitely going to do this. Any Cotten sheet suggestions? All the ones I’ve tried tend to wear out pretty quickly and get a ‘grimy’ feeling even with a once a week wash. Idk if that’s the right word, but hopefully that makes sense

ILikeEmNekkid t1_je7ejw3 wrote

I’ve got Cuddl Duds sheets from many years ago. Again, flannel isn’t just for winter. It’s very absorbent in the summer. Sometimes all you need are the sheets.

I believe you get what you pay for when it comes to bed linens. 🛌

I always use the search bar and put in 100 percent cotton when looking for anything.

Best wishes and good luck.

ruselstiltskin t1_je8asgm wrote

That grimy feeling might be some sort of build up from fabric softener if you use that in your weekly washes. The build up is like a waxy substance that might speed up discoloration and also prevent the fabric from breathing. Once I’ve stopped using that my clothes and sheets and towels seem to last longer.

Thebestamiba t1_jefy3uo wrote

For clothes I'd suggest trying out a hemp/cotton blend. Fell in love with that material and I don't think I can go back to pure cotton when i can help it