Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

MonstahButtonz t1_irsj1wl wrote

IME a quality mattress cover is more effective in every way. I have the allerease maximum, but they're all pretty similar.

thatgirlinny t1_irsj95j wrote

I have always simply used a good-quality Miele vacuum to vacuum my mattresses. Even if the mattress is fitted with a cover, that, too has to be washed and vacuumed.

Muncie4 t1_irtvoa5 wrote

I have been on this subreddit since Nixon was in office and this is not a topic ever been discussed. And you'd be far better served by using a quality vacuum. And detection is not a thing....some vacuums have a dirt sensor but it really does nothing.

Brandon3541 t1_is287iv wrote

If you want to determine the level of allergens you will probably need to make sure your vacuum's interior is 100% clean (without using chemicals), and then vacuum the mattress and the mattress ONLY.

Send off the "dirt" contents off to a lab that deals with that and then take the total amount of the allergens they report to you and divide it by the square feet of your mattress for an allergen concentration.

I don't know why you would want to do this though... and it will be costly.

Previous-Egg-5236 t1_isr98gt wrote

Maybe consider getting one of the newer dyson cordless vacuum's? They have a sensor that tells you the size of particulates it is picking up. you can see the total amount of individual particles vacuumed up along with the size of each particle.