Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Lurkington123 t1_itsaela wrote

I’ve been obsessively doing the same thing for a few months and landed on Sleep on Latex as well but still haven’t pulled the trigger. Their prices are insanely cheap for a good mattress so I’ve always been sceptical but I hear nothing but good things about them. Did you go with medium or firm?

lifewithoutlabor t1_itseu7v wrote

I was skeptical too but honestly it was the best decision. I went with medium! It’s still a little firm for me because I am a side sleeper so I would recommend the soft-medium if you are as well. I’ve had it for a year so far and still love it. Also get a good mattress protector. The cotton cover is really nice but I wouldn’t want it to get messed up in case I spill anything on the bed.

Also I left it for 24 hours to expand after I took it out of the vacuum seal bag. So would recommend to do that as well.

sleepsucks t1_itue54x wrote

I bought a sleep on latex firm thinking I love hard beds. It’s a touch too firm. Would’ve gone with medium in hindsight. I’m a side sleeper and wake up with my arm asleep sometimes.

greenglass88 t1_ituhp64 wrote

My friend had the same issue and ended up getting a soft topper from them. That might help you.

sleepsucks t1_itv1jvj wrote

Can you ask her if that made her bed too warm or too soft. I have a horrible memory of soft toppers making me feel like I'm suffocating. I also live in a very warm apartment, we have all our windows open all the time as it is.

greenglass88 t1_itvv076 wrote

She loves it. It’s the same material as the firmer latex; just a different density.

sleepsucks t1_itwj83g wrote

Thanks helpful to know thanks

greenglass88 t1_itwjtnj wrote

I remember their customer service being really helpful about what kind of mattress to get--you might contact them and mention your concerns.

Codename3Lue t1_itui31m wrote

I have a medium for 4 years now and if you enjoy something thats soft but doesnt swallow you whole you will love it.