Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Sharp_Skirt_7171 t1_ixxn0y5 wrote

Cash and alcohol. Or cash and coffee. Seriously. I work full time and I don't know my son's first grade teacher all that well, but she's quite wonderful and nice. I know she likes coffee and dogs. That's all I know. I plan on a heartfelt written note and $100 bill.

_yogi_mogli_ t1_ixziksf wrote

You're giving your kids teacher $100?????

I spend at least $1k a year on supplies for my classroom.

One time a parent gave me a wrapped plate of Christmas cookies and a $10 coffee gift card. It was so appreciated!

Sharp_Skirt_7171 t1_ixzmk7e wrote

That's exactly why I do it. I know how far that $100 can go, but I really don't care if she spends it on the classroom or not. She deserves it!

I make a regular habit of giving money this way. I've been doing it since my son was in daycare. Sometimes I can only swing $50 at Christmas, but I also gave my son's kindergarten teacher a thank you card at the end of the year with $30, and then when school started this year we donated some extra supplies to his classroom.

I am the furthest thing from wealthy. But my dad has always been a staunch supporter of giving cash, and I think it's better than trying to guess what someone likes or wants. Plus people get excited when they get money. At least I do!

NewSpace2 t1_iy53fal wrote

I do this too. For people you see often and have interactions with, Why wouldnt you delight them with unexpected CASH?!