Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Muncie4 t1_ivjfix2 wrote

You do realize that you are buying Levis is like buying a Pepsi in that no matter where you buy it you are getting the same product right? Store where you purchase the item does not magically change the quality.

Step zero is deciding on what you want. There are hundreds of jeans vs pants options. Pick one. Then use the search engine as we've given hundreds of recommendations on both in the last year.

Next is knowing you will have to get off the wallet. Heavyweight denim is gonna run you north of $100 a pair and likely closer to $200. For some this is fine, for some not. Same with some pants...Bill's Khakis are BIFL but MSRP is close to $200.

And are these work pants or casual?

−16

msaluta86 OP t1_ivjhkub wrote

>You do realize that you are buying Levis is like buying a Pepsi in that no matter where you buy it you are getting the same product right? Store where you purchase the item does not magically change the quality.

I personally have not found this to be correct both in personal experience and in searching the net as to why. Here's a brief summary of the phenomenon.

For jeans, I'm just wanting something that will last multiple years, that will wear in as denim should, and won't rip at a seam, pocket, or rivet with basic, non-work use. The jegging trend seems to add comfort at the price of durability, but that's my armchair hypothesis. Other types of pants, like what the Duluth Fire Hose pants seem to be, would be for working around the house, outdoor training exercises etc.

Muncie4 t1_ivjk617 wrote

You can believe wackadoodle internet theories sans evidence all you like. The end game is 0.0 people will say Levis are a BIFL jean brand these days save a select few of their couture jeans online or bespoke jeans in a Levis store.

You want BIFL denim? Naked & Famous Elephant 11 - Grandrelle is what you want. Again....use the search engine.

You want BIFL pants? Filson Tin Cloth Pants. Again....use the search engine.

And again...we have no budget, I mention this a second time as $200 pants are a thing.

−12

Blueporch t1_ivjk2wr wrote

I know this seems logical, but anymore they seem to manufacture different styles with different quality / price points that you see for sale different places. I think if you look at the same Levis style number across vendors, it's the same. But you'll find that not all styles are available both at say, the Levis outlet and Kohl's

CMYKoi t1_ivmq5tj wrote

Factually incorrect. Cheaper variants of the same brands exist because some stores do in fact get cheaper made variants, seconds, lower end models/lines, etc.

Muncie4 t1_ivmqudc wrote

Then provide the facts, I'd love to see them. And we are speaking to jeans....specifically to Levi's, so be sure to provide evidence on them.

CMYKoi t1_ivmr3ug wrote

You were already given a link to read and disregarded it so... No I do not think I will. Seems like a waste of time.

I do like your recommendation for Filson tin cloth, though. :) One day I'll spare the dosh required to get one of their jackets or something.

Muncie4 t1_ivmrzab wrote

Nice of you to think you know what I have and have not read. I know what you have not read and it was that given link which REFUTES your assertion, "ALL retailers receive the same mix of stock" so if that is your evidence of claim, your claim is proven false by the evidence. We can trade jabs or we can trade evidence....choose wisely.

CMYKoi t1_ivmsc2i wrote

It does not. Thus terminating this conversation.

Also you clearly didn't read, so I still don't care:

"You can believe wackadoodle internet theories sans evidence all you like. "