Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

gaurddog t1_iwahx4w wrote

Reply to comment by Skika in Cell Phone..............? by clarbr03

I disagree. Dude says he cares about two features on a phone. My best guess? Camera and phone. If all you care about is the ability to make a call and snap a picture you're not gonna care if your phone has the fastest browser or can use the latest version of Pokemon go.

And I think when you're talking about a phone again that phone part is the most important one. How long before it bricks. is it gonna brick if you drop it? In a pool? Off a ladder? Run it through the washer?

The Kyocera will do it. An iphone or galaxy won't.

Skika t1_iwajhat wrote

I hear ya. For what it’s worth, I switch back and forth between iPhone and android. Both are great. Personal preference, I think. Anyway. My last iPhone had a super beefy case and took a 40’+ fall down a granite hiking trail. Before that phone, I had a Samsung with a beefy case that took a 10 minute dip in a glacial lake and later fell off a big lift onto flat concrete, maybe 30’? Totally fine. I guess it’s just like, I think you can get away with more than just “tough” phones. And I’ve self repaired many phones on my own with parts from iFixit.com.