Submitted by DISTROJAR-69 t3_z44lv7 in BuyItForLife

I already have a g-shok b-100 mudmaster but I want something that wouldn't be as expensive as it is (Basically just a watch to wear that I wouldn't be afraid of scratching).

Just a cheap watch up to like 60 euros.

I want something that wouldn't look like an Olds person's watch and have a good battery life. Basically, just something I wear once or twice a week while I wear my b-100 mudmaster for the rest of the week.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ibarmy t1_ixp6yac wrote

A basic timex or citizen eco drive (on sale)

planesNthings t1_ixp7u0q wrote

Can confirm. My citizen eco drive “stiletto” was a gift for my high school graduation. I’ve worn it every day since. I’m 36.

macklamar t1_ixqgpmd wrote

I’ve never met another person with a stiletto! I have one the mat is about 14 years old.

unrulyshape t1_ixpfho1 wrote

For timex I love the style of the weekender and have had one as my only watch for 15 years.

smartid t1_ixpeo3q wrote

a lot of timex are super loud, like metronome loud

RecognitionOne395 t1_ixpe5qg wrote

I was going to suggest a G-Shock. I've had mine for 25 years and it's still going strong.

DrKennethNoisewater- t1_ixrfwlw wrote

I bought my g shock over 10 years ago in the military. Pulled it out of a bag I had it stashed in for years and it was still working.

DISTROJAR-69 OP t1_ixpcwln wrote

Well, no offense but I don't really like how cheap model g-shock looks like.

For me, they don't look like something I could fashion easily.

I usually prefer watches that have a clock face and a small screen with a 24h clock (what is even the name of this kind of watch with a clock face and a small screen).

Eldirial t1_ixr69bi wrote

Can you describe the face type or give more of an example? I can probably find you something.

DISTROJAR-69 OP t1_ixrstsd wrote

Well just something like my b100 mudmaster it has a clock face but also has a small screen that displays the digital time

GanymedeBearfight t1_ixxryhl wrote

Look up G-Shock GA2100, AKA the CasiOak, lots of different colorways and if you catch the right sale might be in budget, they sell mods so you can swap the bezel and what not for a metal variation

drfigglesworth t1_ixy2enf wrote

Check out the Casio duro, they are really well done dive watch for the price and look great, I also hate the way G-Shocks look

scorpinock2 t1_ixpb7er wrote

Do you want an automatic or a quartz? Seiko makes great automatics in the 250-500 dollar range. Same with Orient. My cheap Seiko only loses 2-3 seconds a month where as my expensive Seiko gains like 30 seconds a month.

If you're going quartz, Timex is good, Seiko is good too.

weedful_things t1_ixukiky wrote

I have about a dozen watches and my Orient Bambino 2 might be my favorite.

scorpinock2 t1_ixuu328 wrote

That's awesome. My Seiko Alpinist is my favourite but my Orient mako 2 is my second.

DISTROJAR-69 OP t1_ixpbzy1 wrote

>automatic or a quartz

Well, im looking for something really cheap so I don't think I can afford an automatic even my g-shock b-100 mudmaster which cost 400 euros is a quart watch.

Tho I don't really care since the mudmaster has an auto-correcting time feature built-in.

scorpinock2 t1_ixpcgo9 wrote

If you don't care about the looks as much, my hiking/renovating/portaging watches are the casio A158W-1 and the Casio f91W-1. Theyre both basically the same, but the A158W-1 is in stainless steel. Looks nicer and is more durable. I've had to replace the strap on my F91W-1 before and it's about as much as the watch. Both are retro looking but super accurate. I hadn't adjusted the F91W-1 in 3 years and it was only a few seconds off. The A158W-1 was about a minute off after like 2-3 years. Either way, great for the price.

bad-monkey t1_ixr6mij wrote

You can get the entry-level Orient Diver for about $100, new. It's a good watch for the money, but BIFL? Not sure. I'd rather spend a little bit more money and get a Seiko Sports5 Field Watch.

Quail-a-lot t1_ixpff82 wrote

The watch you are wearing is already a good rugged watch. Wear it and don't worry. If you really want to fuss, you get a military style watch cover.

DISTROJAR-69 OP t1_ixr4xcz wrote

Well, it's not that I don't think my g shock b100 couldn't handle it. It's just more that it's a really big watch (it's big and it's tall) and it gets in the way when I'm trying to do something labor-intensive.

bad-monkey t1_ixr6vvs wrote

IMO you're looking for a field watch. NATO/Zulu strap for maximum comfort/practicality.

DrKennethNoisewater- t1_ixrg16h wrote

Quite frankly a watch that cheap and BIFL don’t mix. Casio would be the closest

Legendary_Hercules t1_ixrnqmp wrote

Alba - AQPJ403

It sounds like it would be something right up your alley. It's titanium, small, reliable. Alba are made by Seiko.

gltchbn t1_iy4cc0n wrote

Have another G-Shock : GWM5610. Small, solar powered and radio controlled. Will last forever. For less than 100$ I think (it's around 100€ in Europe where I live)

mgrinc t1_ixqnxel wrote

Orient bambino.

FiringOnAllFive t1_ixt5354 wrote

Seiko SNK805/807/809.

I have the 807 (blue) and it's my go to watch when I might be worried about wearing my other vintage automatics. Bought it for $65 a few years back. You should be able to find them around $100 now. Choice of blue, black and tan.

cheeseroller45 t1_ixtck44 wrote

I have a Casio from Amazon that was about $50. It’s waterproof down to 200 meters and built to last. I had the old version for ten years before the battery had to be changed. It was easier to just get a new one than to change the battery myself

yourpalbigal7 t1_iyb4gfi wrote

Casio Duro dive watch. $49 on Amazon.

[deleted] t1_iyd4c7c wrote

The oh g-shock. DW-5600E. $40, and are tough as nails. Perfect for everything but diving.

ak80048 t1_ixp92gk wrote

I have a Daniel Wellington that doesn’t lose any time and gets compliments from guys that wear high end watches

−3