Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

VisualKeiKei t1_iw4v2d2 wrote

Klenk and Midwest Snip are some of the OG American snips. The others I mentioned get you into the (painfully priced) world of German tools.

F-21 t1_iw638st wrote

Those are very likely not made by those brands. Hazet, Stahlwille and Gedore sell top end tools, but they mainly focus on manufacturing those basic forged handtools like the sockets and wrenches, a lot of other stuff is rebranded from other more niche brands.

I think Knipex does not make them either.

The most well known top end snips from Germany are made by Bessey and it is very likely they supply them to those top brands (Hazet, Gedore and Stahlwille). NWS also makes them.

Buying Bessey snips is cheaper than buying Hazet, even if they're the same just different branding...

G05TheBox t1_iw6tn0o wrote

Malco and Knipex, only high end tools I can actually touch in a store lol. Hilti also at Home Depot lol.

I hear back in they days (from How it's made, best show ever en passant!) that Mastercraft Maximum wrench key were produce in the same shop as Mac Tools! 🤫🤥

G05TheBox t1_iw4vaou wrote

European, one of my teachers was always hard on European tools lol heard of the Klein Tools snips?